Data service in Morgantown, West Virginia...
charlie147

Hello,

Why isn't there a Verizon tower in Morgantown...this is a big college town where people come from all over the country. Many of the students have Verizon because it typically has the best coverage. But not here...it sucks and it is ridiculous. We are paying customers and most of us have a data plan. I pay $30 a month for this data plan, but the data doesn't work. I am stuck using 1X which is not worth $30 a month and honestly it's not worth $10 a month. Anyways, I AM A COLLEGE STUDENT THAT DOESN'T HAVE ANY MONEY!!! I am forced to pay for this data plan because a smartphone is extremely useful in college, especially if you don't want to bring your laptop everywhere.

I have heard rumors that they are putting a tower up at Hotel Morgan, but they aren't saying when it's going to be up and running. I'm thinking about buying the iPhone 5 because I've had a droid for two years and it is absolutely terrible. If I'm going to be paying for a phone that is 4G then I SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE THE 4G!!!! If this isn't fixed soon then I am switching to AT&T or Sprint because they actually have data service here. Roughly 30,000 students attend West Virginia University and MANY ARE PAYING VERIZON CUSTOMERS!! Shouldn't the customers be your number one priority? I think so. Please figure this out Verizon or you will lose customers.

Thanks,

Charlie

PS:

I'm not sure if Verizon customer service can see this or not, so if it's not then please pass it on to them. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data service in Morgantown, West Virginia...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi charlie147,

I want to apologize for the delay in our response. I know how important it is to have good service, especially while you are attending college. To get the latest news on any network updates, please go here http://bit.ly/n5snpq and sign up for the latest updates.

Thanks,

NidiaA_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
charlie147

Yeah...that doesn't help...at all...

0 Likes
d10m27

verizon morgantown pic.png

This is obviously from a few weeks ago.  I am not sure if this (magical 4g) has been happening with anyone else's phone, but it has been happening with my phone frequently (a few times a week).  This typically occurs on the Evansdale Campus of WVU, although it has occurred elsewhere.  My phone will work fine on the 4g data network, and acts as though it is on Verizon (although I still can't send more than 160 character texts, another frustration).  Then the next second, literally, my phone will revert back to the 'extended network' and the dial up of the mobile data world, 1x.  Not sure why, maybe it is testing, and still probably no one will be informed until the 4g network becomes live in Morgantown, WV (if it ever happens at this point).

Also, my phone is a Droid 4, and on my sister's phone, the iPhone 4, at the exact same time my phone says 4g, hers still says extended.  Once again, no idea why this is happening and would love to know.

0 Likes