Data service does not work in conover, wi
gozdog106

Hello,

Inquiring to understand if any other Verizon wireless subscribers experience issues with using the data on their phones (email, web surfing, etc) in the northern Wisconsin area near Conover. This entire summer literally the internet is unusuable. We do have 1 to 3 bars of 3G service. Sometimes we will have 1 bar of LTE. Regardless - we get multiple timeouts on all of our devices (iPhone, Droid). This appears to happen to many people in this area.

I have called customer support - the first person was quite helpful. The second person I was handled off to said they would have someone contact us within 2 days which they have not. More so at the local Verizon (franchised) dealer they also mentioned many people have brought the lack of horrible data connectivity to their attention.

Frustrated we are forced to pay for a data service that is all but unusuable.

Honestly for Verizon saying they have the best coverage this is really misleading. Even AT&T has better coverage in this area. I switched from AT&T a few years ago because of the poor coverage and customer service.

I would like Verizon to address this lack of data issue. Be it tower or the backhaul - this level of service is unacceptable for Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data service does not work in conover, wi
__invited__donnadeyou

Totally agree with Gozdog. Sometimes loading data looks like a dial up modem!  Dropped my call 3 times while talking to technical support!  If this is the best coverage I would hate to see the worst.

0 Likes
Conover

We have the same problem usually our jetpack says "no service".  Went to the store in Eagle River and they said that when the tourists go home the signal will improve.  I can go to Boulder Junction, which uses a different tower and I have a consistant 2 bar signal.  I agree...very frustrating to pay for a service you don't get and there is no one to complain to.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Conover! Let's get your connections back to being lightning fast. What's the impacted zip code? How long have you been having trouble in this area? Are you able to do a speed test and share your results with us? http://spr.ly/6582BGqhy Thanks in advance.

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Conover

The zip code is 54519.

I followed the link you sent and did the test the results were:

Ping 79ms

Download Speed 1.85 mbps

Upload Speed .04 mbps

Connection grade F

0 Likes
Conover

Verizon person, are you going to continue to help me or not?

0 Likes
Conover
0 Likes
Conover
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those additional details. The coverage map reflects signal in this area. When did this trouble begin? Do you experience issues indoors and outdoors? Does service improve outdoors? How far do you travel before service improves? Share details. Thanks!

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Conover

This started about March of 2015.  Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

Here is my result from the speed test 40 miles NW of my home.

There is no difference between inside or outside the house.  Others in my neighborhood complain of the same issues so it is not just me.

0 Likes