Data meters
Roberts1376

I installed a data counter on my iPhone called DataMan.  My question is why the My Verizon app show much more data usage than DataMan?  It shows 3.8 gig used and My Verizon shows 5.8 gig used for the same time period. That seems like a very large discrepancy.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data meters
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Roberts1376,

Thanks for the information and taking proactive steps to set the application the correct way. I understand why you think this was odd, it happened to me when I installed my tracker; this may be just a Setting within the application. These applications have no way of backdating the data you've already used within the bill cycle, before the application was downloaded. Allow it one bill cycle to adjust, and check again.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

I use that app and it has always correlated very closely with the data reported on the MyVerizon app as well as the "Cellular Data" usage feature on the iPhone stock apps.

If you started the DataMan at the start of your billing cycle (or added in the usage if you started on a different day), then they should be nearly the same.

Is the billing cycle date set correctly?  Do you have it set to the START  DATE of your billing cycle (not the end date)?

0 Likes
Roberts1376

Yes I did set it to correlate with my billing cycle date.  That is why I thought it was so odd that it was that far off. It's hard to know which one is right. (I'm not a very trusting person)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Roberts1376,

Thanks for the information and taking proactive steps to set the application the correct way. I understand why you think this was odd, it happened to me when I installed my tracker; this may be just a Setting within the application. These applications have no way of backdating the data you've already used within the bill cycle, before the application was downloaded. Allow it one bill cycle to adjust, and check again.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes