Data from Previous Billing Cycle Being Added onto Current Billing Cycle
bigheart
Enthusiast - Level 1

My billing cycle starts on the 8th of each month.  For example, my previous billing cycle started on Dec 8th and ended on Jan 7th.  Looking at the data usage details in the bill for that period, the entries were listed chronologically starting from Dec 8th.  However, at the very end, I noticed an entry from Dec 7th with about 98 MB of usage.  I also noticed throughout Dec that this 98 MB was being added onto the total data usage on the My Verizon->View Usage screen.  On Jan 11th, I talked to three Verizon reps but they could not give me any reasonable explanation and simply stated that this is just the way they show the data usage details in the bill.  I asked them if I had used 4 GB during that billing cycle, I would have gone over my limit by 98 MB.  None of the reps seemed to be sure whether or not I will be charged for overage in this case. 

--Could you please share your thoughts on this issue?

--Has anyone in this forum been impacted by this issue and charged for the overage erroneously?

--Could you please share if you know why they are including the data usage incurred on the last day of previous billing cycle in the bill?

--Could you please share if you know of any way to talk to a Verizon rep who specializes in billing problems for data?

Thank you so much.

12/08/20125:38 AMUSAGE BASED 4GBxxx
12/08/20128:58 AMUSAGE BASED 4GBxx

01/07/20135:15 PMUSAGE BASED 4GBxxxx
01/07/20135:54 PMUSAGE BASED 4GBxxxxxx
12/07/201211:38 PMUSAGE BASED 4GB98,000.1
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data from Previous Billing Cycle Being Added onto Current Billing Cycle
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bigheart,

Fantastic question! I myself would want an explanation of any unknown charges on my bills as well. Let's get this resolved. The usage on each bill is normally from the last bill cycle, however, there can be delayed billing for usage from a previous bill cycle. Generally, delayed usage is presented on a billing statement within three bill cycles (90 days) of when the usage occurred. Delayed billing, most often occurs when a customer is on another carrier's network and there is a delay in when the carrier bills Verizon Wireless, subsequently causing a delay in when Verizon Wireless bills you. Delayed usage is reflected in the "Usage Charges" section of the bill as "Unbilled Usage from the Previous Months" and deducted from the bill cycle in which the usage occurred. If this delayed billing caused data overage in the bill cycle in which the usage occured, then yes you can be billed data overage charges that particular month. Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzw
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
bigheart
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your answer.  So basically, this "Unbilled Usage from the Previous Months" has no bearing on the billing cycle in which the usage showed up.  Is my understanding correct?  I think that is what you are saying but I just wanted to confirm my understanding.

0 Likes
resVer

For what it's worth, that is what the Customer Agreement seems to say:

"For charges based on the amount of . . . data sent or received, we'll round up any fraction . . . depending on how you're billed for data usage, [to] the next full megabyte or gigabyte. . . . [U]sage cannot always be processed right away and may be included in a later bill, but the usage will still count towards your allowance for the month when the Service was used."

0 Likes