Data coverage?
jwlohr

I'm really hoping that someone can explain to me why there has been, and remains, a HUGE white hole in Verizon's data coverage map over the area where I live just northeast of St. Louis.  This is a growing area and it puzzles me as to why Verizon would not invest some resources in this area as it is a very noticeable void in the otherwise fairly solid red footprint they have over the entire nation.  We have adequate voice and text coverage using other networks with our Verizon phones, but our data is listed as "extended 1x".  Just wishing that they would actually do something about it.  Does anyone know if there are any resources out there to explain why this has not happened and if there are any plans in place to extend their coverage into our neck of the woods?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data coverage?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jwlohr

Thanks for the info! There are some opportunities in your area. We are always looking to improve our coverage as well! You can sign up for alerts about our coverage updates as they become available right here: http://bit.ly/xVecuo

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are having coverage issues in your area jwlohr. I know its frustrating to have great voice and text but data is just as important. There is a lot that occurs when adding new coverage and towers to a specific location. Whats your zipcode and phone model? Are you having data issues inside or outside? You can request an evaluation of property for a tower location online via our website.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jwlohr

My zip code is 62052 and I have a Samsung Galxy S3 Mini.  WE are perpetually roaming out here and there isn't a Verizon tower for quite a few miles.  There is a tower less than 3 miles from my home (in rural Medora, Illinois) that was built over 5 years ago by an independent tower company and not one single company has leased space on that tower.  If I owned my own land here, I would for sure be contacting Verizon to have them come take a look at my location for a tower!  It just gets frustrating that we are with a great company like Verizon and can't get data except on wifi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jwlohr

Thanks for the info! There are some opportunities in your area. We are always looking to improve our coverage as well! You can sign up for alerts about our coverage updates as they become available right here: http://bit.ly/xVecuo

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes