Data Roaming USA & Canada
CarolinaJeff
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a line item in my bill and online identified as "Data Roaming USA & Canada"

I can't find any information on website or in my plan that details what this feature entitles me to.   Can anyone point me to somewhere on the Verizon site for information or provide an explanation?

I'm traveling through Canada in the next month and would like to know in advance so I can plan my usage.   Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Data Roaming USA & Canada
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can help you with that, CarolinaJeff. That line item is generally included when you have the Nationwide Plus Canada Plan. This plan allowed for 1,000 shared minutes for long distance and roaming in Canada plus talk, text, and data to use in the US and share up to 10 capable devices. Do you have this plan? If so, you're going to be set for your trip. Let me know if you need additional assistance.

Chauncey_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

CarolinaJeff
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Chauncey.   Much obliged.   Confirming at my local store this weekend, but believe I have that very plan.  

0 Likes
PattyB789

I have this same question, and think the answer is incomplete.  1) Why can't I find information on this on the website?  2)  I used the trip calculator, and do not believe this is considering this - which is confusing.  Is it?  If not, why not?

If I have an iPhone5 and see a line on my bill called:  Data Roaming USA & Canada, what does this mean?

Voice:  Minutes will be covered by my plan up to 1,000 shared minutes?

Text:  Covered by plan or charged extra?

Data:  Covered by plan or charged extra?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi PattyB789. It's always good to get clarification and I'm here to help. If you log into My Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc, what calling plan do you currently have? Your plan will determine all of the details regarding what the charge for minutes will be. Data in Canada is $0.002/KB ($2.05/MB) or a separate 100MB plan for $25 can be added onto any calling plan you have. Text messages in Canada are considered Domestic and will simply apply to your text messaging allowance based on your plan. All these details can be found using our Trip Planner at www.vzw.com/global and selecting the country you're traveling to along with your phone model.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
daveatli

Hi JenniferH_VZW.  I have the exact same question as PattyB789 asked.  I have an iPhone5 and see a line on my bill called:  Data Roaming USA & Canada.  My plan is Shared Everything.  Does this mean I can use the monthly data allowance when I'm roaming in Canada as if I'm in US?

0 Likes
TheForge

I have a similar question.  I recently upgraded my plan to SHARE EVERY UNL TLK&TXT 4GB as we are adding two additional smart phones to the family.  Under this plan, what does "Data Roaming USA & Canada" entitle us to when in Canada?  We often travel there and it will be helpful to know what to expect.

Thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would love to clarify daveatli! Please accept my follow request, follow me and send me a direct message with your mobile number. Generally speaking if you are on a Share Everything plan (not Share Everything Canada) a global data plan is needed to cover any usage or you are billed $2.05/MB. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes