Data Reporting Lag by VZ
june1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

Today is June 24 and my VZ app shows data usage up until July 18, almost 1 week ago making any attempt to track my data usage useless. I live in a densely populated non rural non roaming area so that is not the issue. It's been a chronic problem Ive had with VZ for years

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Data Reporting Lag by VZ
june1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

Meant July 24. My VZ app shows current data usage as of July 18; hard to plan a picnic around that kind of weather report

0 Likes
Re: Data Reporting Lag by VZ
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

When does your billing cycle reset?  Once you reach the end of the billing cycle, there is a lag that occurs where the data seems to be "frozen" - but that usually resolves in 24-48 hours, showing the new cycle numbers.  A week is not normal.

What phone do you have?  Are you using the most current version of the App?  Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the app to see if it works any better?

0 Likes
Re: Data Reporting Lag by VZ
june1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was on updated android 3G . On June 24 the data usage date on my phone and online  reverted back to June 18th  prompting my call to VZ where they assured me no their records showed I was current. I wasn't. Mute point now not having this issue on 4G . A VZ tech said or posted somewhere data reporting lags are no longer an issue on 4G.

0 Likes