Data Plan
dwright0508

I would like to purchase the driod eris. I know that needs the thirty dollar plan. Does anyone know if that price will change or they are coming out with a family data plan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Plan
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

If Verizon has any plans to expand or change their current data plan offerings, or create a "family-plan unlimited" option, they haven't shared that with the public.

The changes to their calling and data plans were relatively recent (January 18), so I wouldn't expect any major changes for several more months, if not longer.

0 Likes
lalalamesss
Contributor - Level 1

dwright0508 wrote:

I would like to purchase the driod eris. I know that needs the thirty dollar plan. Does anyone know if that price will change or they are coming out with a family data plan.

The $30 data charge has been implimented for quite some time. VZW is pushing towards data. Buy the Eris, you'll be happy you did and the $30 is way better than having $400 overages.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I highly doubt Verizon will change the data plans any time soon. Those seem to be pretty much the standard price.

0 Likes
whatsitsname

The Eris is a smartphone so the data plan requirement for them has been around for a while.  I think only Sprint has a family plan price for the smartphones.  Everyone else is a $30 more per line deal. 

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

whatsitsname wrote:

The Eris is a smartphone so the data plan requirement for them has been around for a while.  I think only Sprint has a family plan price for the smartphones.  Everyone else is a $30 more per line deal. 

AT&T offers unlimited data for the family for $10 a month. T-mobile offers unlimited data for the family, but I forget what price it is at.

0 Likes
whatsitsname

We are talking smartphone not multimedia phones.  Att's $30 per line applies to the smartphones. 

0 Likes
dwright0508

would this data plan include like the vz navigator

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

Both the $9.99 and $29.99 data plans include the Mobile E-mail application, I believe there is a separate fee to use VZ Navigator.  However, with the unlimited plan, you will not be charged for any of the data to download or use the progam, only the seperate fee for the program itself.

0 Likes