Data Plan Questions.
simplypsycho
I have a few questions about the 9.99 data plan. I just got a LG Chocolate Touch. I am on my boyfriend's plan and his father is the person in charge of the plan. My questions are as follow. What can I do with the data plan? If I download apps and games, will I be charged money? Or will it go against my 25MB? -I have used the searched around in the threads here, and I have seen mixed comments. I would like to know for sure before I start downloading Games and Apps. When I use Mobile Email, Can I use it as much as I want and it won't go against the 25 MB? Or will it go against it? -Like the Previous question, I have seen mixed comments about this as well. People saying that it will go against the 25MB. But others would be saying that it's unlimited and it won't go against it.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Plan Questions.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

simplypsycho wrote:
I have a few questions about the 9.99 data plan. I just got a LG Chocolate Touch. I am on my boyfriend's plan and his father is the person in charge of the plan. My questions are as follow. What can I do with the data plan? If I download apps and games, will I be charged money? The apps and games will  likely cost, either a one time charge or a monthly fee to purchase the app or game.  Read the terms and conditions.  Playing the game will use MB's, which will come out of your 25 MB allowance.  Or will it go against my 25MB? -I have used the searched around in the threads here, and I have seen mixed comments. I would like to know for sure before I start downloading Games and Apps. When I use Mobile Email, Can I use it as much as I want and it won't go against the 25 MB? Or will it go against it? -This seems to work like the games and other apps as well - you pay a monthly fee to have the app, and the data used will count towards your allowance, just like the games.  Anything you do with mobile web counts against the 25 MB allowance, and it can be used up very quickly.  Like the Previous question, I have seen mixed comments about this as well. People saying that it will go against the 25MB. But others would be saying that it's unlimited and it won't go against it. :::Guilty:::::  I didn't think it counted, but apparently it does.  :smileysad:

0 Likes
savagehenry
Enthusiast - Level 2

in another thread a verizon employee stated that data is rounded up to the next MB.  Is that true?  So, if i use 250KB it counts the same as 1MB?  That's ridiculous.

Data usage accrues in partial amounts throughout the billing cycle and combines for a month-end total usage. 

• MB (Megabyte) usage for the billing cycle rounds up to the next full MB.
    • 1024 KB (Kilobytes) = 1 MB.
    • Examples:
      • 250 KB bills as 1 MB
      • 1700 KB bills as 2 MB.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

savagehenry wrote:

in another thread a verizon employee stated that data is rounded up to the next MB.  Is that true?  So, if i use 250KB it counts the same as 1MB?  That's ridiculous.

Data usage accrues in partial amounts throughout the billing cycle and combines for a month-end total usage

• MB (Megabyte) usage for the billing cycle rounds up to the next full MB.
    • 1024 KB (Kilobytes) = 1 MB.
    • Examples:
      • 250 KB bills as 1 MB
      • 1700 KB bills as 2 MB.

IF you use ONLY 250 kb, you will be charged $1.99.  If you use 250 kb one day, the next day 17 kb, the following day 180 kb, your total usage is still under 1 MB and will therefore still be $1.99.  So your totals are cumulative throughout the month, and the charge is based on total MB usage, and charged at $1.99 /  MB, rounded up to the next full MB.  If you use 1.03 MB or 1.97 MB, it still counts as 2 MB for billing purposes.

0 Likes