Data Overage
HamptonTwp

Why am I being charged for data overage when I pay $5/month for data overage protection?? I have a $10 overage charge and now a $5 late fee as I refuse to pay it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Overage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HamptonTwp,

Hmm.......this is very strange! I'm not showing that we have ever offered any data overage protection plans. What plan are you currently on?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

There is no such thing as data overage protection. And as long as you refuse to pay it you'll keep getting $5 late fees and eventually your service will be shut off and then you'll be charge a $15 re-activation fee.

0 Likes
HamptonTwp

Mrhelper, it seems you know everything, but 3 years ago verizon had a data overage protection option for $5/month. If I cared about you, I would scan and email you and old bill to show you the line item.

And if they do continue to charge and shut off service and should my kids have a situation and need itwhen that happens, my firm will own a nice piece of verizon.

0 Likes
HamptonTwp

Hi Sarah,

We are on a family plan. I spoke to a verizon rep and he said the $5 data overage protection ended awhile ago. Being that we never went over, I never knew it ended. Its not the $5 or $10, it's the fact that I was never notified it ended. And no, I do not analyze bills so never noticed it missing.

He had to back 3 years to find it on our bill.

0 Likes
HamptonTwp

Hi Sarah,

We are on a family plan. I spoke to a verizon rep and he said the $5 data overage protection ended awhile ago. Being that we never went over, I never knew it ended. Its not the $5 or $10, it's the fact that I was never notified it ended. And no, I do not analyze bills so never noticed it missing.

He had to back 3 years to find it on our bill.

0 Likes