Data Bogs/Stops at 3:30-4:30PM at my home
nydarter69
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happens daily.  I get home from work and go to catch up on things on my phone and for an hour my data is slow or will stop completely.  I called and spoke with VZW on this last year, they blamed the phone.  I now I have new phone and it is still happening.  I truly believe VZW is getting too big for their britches and it is time to consider other options after lifelong loyalty. 

Using Moto Z2Force.  I have restarted and powered the phone all the way down and back up, doesn't fix issue.

0 Likes
Re: Data Bogs/Stops at 3:30-4:30PM at my home
bearone21
Legend

prime time & you're not the only one on the phone.

fwiw: about the best you'll see from the network is 5-12mbps.

get wi-fi & your home problems go away.

0 Likes
nydarter69
Enthusiast - Level 2

VZW Hotspot is my WiFi.  Speed tests show that my data is half the speed at my home near a major hospital vs the surrounding area.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nydarter69, getting fast and reliable data is crucial, especially to accomplish your daily activities. The last thing we want is for you to consider other options. Rest assured we value your lifelong loyalty to the company. Aside from the data, what other issues are you encountering (calls/texts)? What recent changes have occurred (software update, new apps, etc.)?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
nydarter69
Enthusiast - Level 2

GilbertoL_VZW- I am working in Private Messages with another rep.  I will post the outcome here when we are finished.

0 Likes
nydarter69
Enthusiast - Level 2

As now, I have received many  open and closed ticket texts from VZW but my situation has not improved as of yet.  I am giving in until the end of the month and then will be looking to switch carriers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nydarter69, as a valued Verizon customer, we'd certainly regret losing you and we'd like to continue being your wireless service provider for many more years to come. We've also noted your reference to working with one of our team members in Private Message. Rest assured our team will do everything we can to assist you and all we ask is an opportunity to do so. We thank you for your time and patience too. - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
nydarter69
Enthusiast - Level 2

As an update to this problem.  After my last round of calls with Tech Support in early October, my service went back to normal, working well, until yesterday.  I call Tech Support today and am told I am in a Margional Service Area and VZW cannot guarantee me service. 

Bottom line, after over 20 yeas with Verizon, they told me to find another provider.  Unbelievable.  I am now researching other options.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to have the best service, where you need it. We certainly don't want you to consider leaving us. When you called Tech Support, did they say why the sudden downgrade again, after being improved last month? What device to you have, and what plan? 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
nydarter69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Vanessa.  I spoke with Quentin at the Executive Level.  I am being told that I am in a Variable Service Area and that VZW cannot provide me constant service.  He told me to seek out other providers. This is coming from the upper echelons of Customer Service with VZW.  Crazy, obviously they do not care about being a customer for 20+ years. 

0 Likes