DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES - HUM CONTRACT
jonesequities
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought 2 Samsung phones in Jan. 2019.  At that time, I was given a HUM device by the salesperson who said it was free.  I told him I didn't need it and didn't want it but he said I didn't have to activate it if I didn't want to but keep it in case I change my mind.  I saw on my receipt a $5.00 charge per month and he said don't worry, it'll be reversed on the following billing period along with other credits.  Needless to say, I'm being billed $10.00 per month for a service I didn't want or need and was told I wouldn't have to pay!  I called customer service and spoke with Cindy and her supervisor Raul who said since I signed a contract I'm stuck with it even after I described the deceptive business practice by the salesperson.  I asked to speak with someone else and was told there was noone and if I wanted to complain here's an address I could write to.  I really didn't think I'd be swindled by a Verizon representative.  I've been a loyal Verizon residential and corporate customer for decades and will now have to consider other vendors for our wired, wireless and internet needs.  So sad.  Just because they refuse to cancel a $10.00 per month contract that was deceptively put in place.