Customer service said I would get a refund. Where is it ???
Chick61

My contract was up on April 17.  I ported my number out on April 23 to another provider.    HOWEVER, I DID call Verizon customer support prior to leaving to ask if I would receive a refund.   I was told by the helpful customer support team that since Verizon billed in advance I would indeed receive a refund for the days that I had not used and that I would have to pay the full amount of the bill first and then a refund would be issued.  Well----of course I am still waiting on that to happen. 

After I left Verizon, I tried to get back online to my account to find out the actual amount owed and amount of refund and got the message that I had no access since I was no longer a customer.  I tried to call customer service with the same result.  I went to my local Verizon dealer and they said they also could not access my records to see the actual amount owed and what my refund would be.   So I waited around---paid my final bill---then amazingly I was allowed to go back onto the site to check my billing records and see that I have 0 balance with no mention of a refund. The site does give me a number to call to ask about my bill----but of course when I called it I got the same recorded message saying that I was no longer a customer----click.  And there seems to be no convenient method of contacting Verizon---how about an email address??  I did write down the snail mail addy, where this complaint will end up.  It appears that Verizon does not want a customer to be able to access their account---or Verizon--for any information.

So---I am one VERY dissatisfied former customer.  It may be that the contract says that you don't get a refund-----however, I, like most people, do not get the contract back out and read it for information.   We CALL the customer service representative for the information.   And RELY upon the information provided by the customer service rep.  And the customer service representatives are either intentionally misleading customers or are very poorly trained by Verizon.  Either way, the customer cannot rely upon the information received.  Sad story but true.

I relied upon customer service for correct information and I want my refund.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customer service said I would get a refund. Where is it ???
Not applicable

Personally since you pay in advance and you ported out to another provider the cell number is ok on the other provider and I would never pay verizon any more money when you already paid in advance.

Verizon wireless like Verizon Land line is famous for either not returning your funds or taking months to send you a refund check.

In this case you should not have paid them. this way if money was owed to you then a refund would have been sent eventually. Now they have more of your money. If you paid your bill with a credit card just call your credit card company and reverse the charge. If you paid via check or bank debit you will have to suffer and wait.

if they don't pay you then take them to small claims court. Its that simple.

0 Likes
Chick61

I did pay my "final bill" since I am a responsible adult.  I also have printed off my complaint and will mail it off tomorrow--and if I do not get results I will see who else I can contact.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Responsible adults *Think* before they act. In example you pay for service in advance so when you reach your bill closing date you are asked to pay for another advance month. Since you are paid up the porting to the other carrier ended your having to pay again. Normally a company sends a final invoice of what you actually owe. They do not expect you to pay over what you owe and refund the difference. A final bill is just that, a final bill. Final means no more charges to you and no payments owed to you.

Customer service would have known your closing or end date and unless you went past that date is why they want you to pay again as pro-rata and refund the difference. However as I stated a simple Google search would have told you that it will take time to get that money back versus you paying them.

I would have waited for a final invoice which states you are paying for xxx number of days and taxes to equal the price as ?

Then you would not be waiting for a refund.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon DOES NOT issue refunds.

0 Likes
Chick61

I think the problem is not with the consumer but with customer service.  I did receive the "final bill" which was not prorated and was instructed to pay that bill and then wait for a refund.  Misleading or misrepresentation--whatever you would like to call it.  A customer should be able to rely on Verizon's customer service representative for correct information --is that not what they are there for?  The customer should not have to jump through the hoops of digging out the original contract, getting online and googling, going to the local provider, calling the number that Verizon provides with a message that it cannot be accessed etc. 

And if no refund is given then that is what customer service should tell the consumer.

0 Likes
Chick61

That may be the case.  If so, customer service isn't aware of that.  At any rate it is difficult to get a straight answer to a very simple question and apparently I am not the first person to have this problem. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

I could be wrong, but I'm almost certain that is the case.  You could possibly do a search of this forum and find other threads discussing this.  It's the reason people talk about timing their port to other providers so as not to get billed for the next month and not to leave a large unused, paid period of service.  I also advise people to port out their number about 10 days before the end of their current billing cycle so they don't lose much of their paid-up service.

0 Likes
Not applicable

i have seen them issue refunds if there was two payments made for the same bill

and i seen refund for after you disconected and you had a credit left on your account i seen get refunded by gift card

0 Likes
Not applicable

You know I think I have heard of those gift card refunds.

I have never seen any refunds issued other than service credit or a credit card reverse of the charges.

Once Verizon has your cash or check you can forget it.

They will give you money when you take them to small claims court, or even before court to avoid it.

Courts take a dim view of large or small companies not giving back the customers funds.

0 Likes