Re: Customer Service
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Not understanding. Are they saying that the phones were shipped to you and therefore you are responsible for them? Thought you said that they ended up moving you back in the shipment cue due to them "losing" the devices....as in they still plan to ship them to you but it will be whenever supply is available to ship. If that is the case then there is no ETF if you cancel before they ship.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you cancel the order...not your account.

0 Likes
MWalters3
Enthusiast - Level 3

They were never shipped to me, they got lost in their system, so they told me the only thing they could do is cancel the order, and reorder. The reorder process would put me further back into their shipment when the device becomes available.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Ok so have them cancel the order. Tell them you don't want the order replaced. Just to cancel. Once it's canceled go to Apple. It's that simple.

MWalters3
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's what I said I wanted to do then they said I would have to pay "X" amount to get out of the contract.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You're not getting out of contract and you need to clearly state that you only want to cancel your device order. There may be some confusion in what was said since at some point you seem to have said something about canceling service (based on your previous posts). Call back, advise that you want to cancel your device order. Do NOT say anything about canceling service because that's not what you're planning to do.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You are NOT cancelling the CONTRACT, you are cancelling the ORDER.  Reiterate that fact to Verizon.

0 Likes
MWalters3
Enthusiast - Level 3

They said that I am in the Edge program, and that I would need to pay off the remainder of the phone contract price in order to be eligible to purchase the phone from Apple. The biggest issue that I have with all this is not that I won't get my phone until a month after it was promised, cause that will be the same ship date. It's the fact that Verizon admitted that it was their problem, and they lost it, yet they fail to offer anything in return for my inconvenience. Like you would think they could offer bill credit, or gift card especially to a loyal customer of 10+ years. 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You left that info out. Yes, if you are trying to upgrade outside of Verizon and you're on an edge plan you will have to pay what is owed on the agreement first or pay full retail for the phone. If you're saying that the date you would receive the phone is the same as it was I'm not understanding the problem. A mistake was made but I'm not sure if you are owed something for that. It would be nice but your service wasn't interrupted (where you would receive credit for the time it was down). So as much as you may want a little something it's not something you had to be given. If it's cheaper for you to early edge via Verizon then it's best for you to do that. Or pay the amount owed on the agreement. Or pay full retail from Apple.

0 Likes
MWalters3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Where all of your response is correct, the only part that is not, I was scheduled to receive the device on Sept. 25th when I pre-ordered. All of the devices are now in a backorder status, and I won't receive until late October now.

0 Likes