Customer Service
MWalters3
Enthusiast - Level 3

When Verizon Support admits that there was an issue in their system, does Verizon offer the customer any type of reimbursement?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Customer Service
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You left that info out. Yes, if you are trying to upgrade outside of Verizon and you're on an edge plan you will have to pay what is owed on the agreement first or pay full retail for the phone. If you're saying that the date you would receive the phone is the same as it was I'm not understanding the problem. A mistake was made but I'm not sure if you are owed something for that. It would be nice but your service wasn't interrupted (where you would receive credit for the time it was down). So as much as you may want a little something it's not something you had to be given. If it's cheaper for you to early edge via Verizon then it's best for you to do that. Or pay the amount owed on the agreement. Or pay full retail from Apple.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If service is interrupted due to Verizon's fault, there is reimbursement for those days, but outside of that, you MIGHT receive an inconvenience credit, but that's about it.

0 Likes
MWalters3
Enthusiast - Level 3

But they expect more money in order to change carriers.

So it's either pay, or else.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

MWalters3 wrote:

But they expect more money in order to change carriers.

Please clarify.

0 Likes
MWalters3
Enthusiast - Level 3

They want me to pay an early termination fee, because I asked if I could leave the contract. Which yes I understand, but they lost the order, and now since I'm not going to get it for another month I told them I wanted to purchase it directly from Apple and they told me I could do that if I paid them all this additional money.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, you must pay your ETF if you cancel your contract.  Cancel the order.  You cannot pay for an item you never received.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Are you saying they are requiring you pay full retail? Because that's the only additional money they could be talking about if you plan to stay with Verizon and purchase a device from Apple. A little confused about what you're saying.

0 Likes
MWalters3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would not be changing service, I would only be changing where I have obtained my device from, only because they "LOST" my order and have pushed me further into the backorder process when I should've received my device during the initial rollout of the preorder.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Ok well if you cancel that order you won't be paying more at Apple to get the device. And you wouldn't be paying more to Verizon. If you're eligible for an upgrade or are using Verizon's or Apple's payment program then that's what you would be doing. No extra fees.

0 Likes
MWalters3
Enthusiast - Level 3

One would think, but they are saying that I would have to pay "x" amount in order to do that for the ETF. I said I wouldn't have to do that if you could get me the phones that I ordered, to me like 5 days ago like you promised when I ordered them. And of course they didn't care that their system caused the error, they said pay the ETF so you can get the phone thru Apple or wait til the end of OCTOBER.

0 Likes