Customer Service nightmares
Sandiegocustomer

I really think there needs to be legislation to prevent Verizon from defrauding its customers and acting as a utility with no oversite...

I also think there should be a way to force them to be financially answerable when there system over charges a customer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customer Service nightmares
Not applicable

There are.

0 Likes
Sandiegocustomer

While after hours and hours on the phone they did respond in a positive way. However, a charge for a hotspot was hidden in a sub account and they charged it off after 3 years of unattendance. I spend roughly 2 to 3 k a year and have for 15 years...the sub-account was recently discovered when I wanted to pare down my expensive service. They could not reduce my costs until it was paid or recovered. However, they didnt have a problem increasing my service costs without it ever coming to anyones attention. Neither myself or any of the retail managers knew of the sub accounts existence.

And of course, they blame the accounts delinquency on me. I paid them 20 times over but the dollars were never allocated to the proper accounts payable...

A dilema they insist on ruining my credit over...and there seems to be no appeal to resolve this dilema...

Overall, Verizon for such a giant organization is fair in most cases....all you have to do is talk to 34 people and spend 5 hours being transferred all over the country until you get a person empowered to make a decision...and trust  me, there is usually only one....your guess is as good as mine as to whom that might be in the adventure...

0 Likes
Not applicable

I receive a bill from Verizon once a month.  Before I pay it, I check it for accuracy and have never had an issue.  If I ever saw a charge I did not understand, I would get to the bottom of it immediately.  All of the charges are clearly listed.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

VZW does not decide to raise your service rates, unless you make changes, or someone on your account does.  If it took you 3 years to find out your were being charge for something, I dont see that as VZW's issue.

0 Likes
Acapela

I have been with VZW 15 years or so and have 5 lines.  I just brought my Comcast home phone over.  I bought two new S4 phones, and was about to upgrade two new ones.  I have never been delinquent.  The web won't let me order online and a snotty rep told me that I probably am cash only customer.   I also am so completely livid that they took all my new every two credits away that I have been saving forever.  Everyone I speak with is snotty and couldn't care less.  I still can't order on the web so I don't get the instant rebate.  I could not hate VZW more.

>>Profanity removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes