Customer Service complaint
kbeck21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon Wireless customer for some 20 years.  I have always gotten new phones every couple of years, paid my bills on time, never had any major issues or complaints until now.  I am looking to get 3 new phones and update my plan.  When I went into the store last month I felt they really didn't have any good deals for someone who already has all the lines they need.  But if you are new customer or need to add line it was a great deal.  So I got online and started chatting with a customer service representative.  She had told me I should probably talk to someone in the accounts department to see about any loyalty discounts. So I did that.  I chatted with this person for a good portion of my evening.  I feel like Verizon should offer different deals for it's loyal customers so I asked.  At first I wasn't given a very good deal.  i could cancel a line and sign up for new line and get better deal.  Finally I was offered $300 off each new phone and was told it would be granted thru October.  i thought wow that was a great offer I better make sure that's true.  So a couple weeks later I get online again and chat with someone.  I mention I already had a previous chat and just wanted to make sure it was the correct deal and if I could go into the store and take advantage of it.  So after chatting for well over an hour and the person going to his supervisor they came back and said yes you would be able to get this offer in store.  They would make a note on my account so when they pull up my information at the store they will see this offer.  Great, I get my parents and go into my local Verizon Wireless store.  Come to find out they couldn't find any mention of this on my account.  I even pulled up the email of the previous chat I had which says what the offer is.  They apologized and said they couldn't grant it.  i was ANGRY!!!  So I go home and get on chat again.  I do this because I want in writing what is being said and offered to me.  Anyway I explain what all has happened to this person I'm chatting with.  it takes them awhile to understand that I was offered a special discount that was not what Verizon is offering to everyone else.  They proceed to talk to the supervisor and come back to me saying it's a misunderstanding and that what I was told is not an offer the give out.  But I have it in a chat saying this particular offer and even being confirmed.  They apologized and gave me a different offer which doesn't even compare.  $200 credit and $100 off each new phone.  The person said the $200 credit would be applied to my account once i got my new phones.  I said I would need to think about it.  If this is all they are willing to do to keep my business then I am considering going elsewhere.  I ended the chat because I was so angry and wasted most of my day on this.  A couple days I get a notice saying a $200 credit was applied to my account.  This is really messed up. I didn't even get new phones again.  I just don't get how you can give an offer which is in written and say it's a misunderstanding.  i wouldn't be able to do that with my job.  I would make it right and make sure the deal is equal. Verizon needs to get it together. 

Labels (1)
Re: Customer Service complaint
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
kbeck21
This wireless relationship is important to us and we hope that you allow us to continue as your provider. We want to see you take advantage of the best deal available to you on our network. Moving forward, we want to set the correct cost expectations for you when upgrading to a new device. Monthly device payments provide you with the flexibility to get the most current devices by making monthly payments over time, rather than paying for it all upfront. Additionally, we do offer promotional deals that are available to you for a limited time and while supplies last. As a result, I apologize. The offer that you were provided may have expired. Click the link below to view our currently offered deals: 

This feedback is being uplifted to our leadership team to ensure that your voice and recommendations on how we can be better for you in the future are heard. Thank you again for choosing Verizon Wireless as your provider. Have a wonderful day.

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kbeck21
Enthusiast - Level 1

The thing is my offered didn't expire.  I was told it was a misunderstanding and basically it shouldn't have been offered to me.  Their is record of my chats on file and I have 2 out of the 3 in my email.  That is what upsets me.  Don't offer something to me and then all the sudden take it back.  That's not good customer service.  You all should make it right and give me what i was told I could get.  That's $300 off each phone.  If it's done as credit on my account or however else you do it but you stick to your word.  That's why I got it in writing but I guess to Verizon that doesn't mean anything.

0 Likes
JENARG62

I have no idea how this all works. I am extremely unhappy with the service from Verizon. I have huge issues and cant talk to anyone that care right now. I have been with Verizon for over 11 years and have never been brought to tears by anyone then the last 2 ladies I talked to you. I want to pay the 2000 from upgraded phones and switch companies and fast. I am extremely angry that I was treated that way and things to be so so twisted in words and communication. Can anyone help who else to talk to, to make a switch and complain about the representatives I just spoke with.?

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes