Customer Service Line Termination
angrybkr

I needed to find a place to vent although I am sure Verizon could care less.  I have had 4 lines on my account since 1999.  Never a late payment. No contracts remaining on any of the four. Today I needed to terminate a line.  Dear Verizon; It is none of your business why.  I just want to terminate the line.  Please don't keep me online for 15 minutes of live chat to be told at the end of the conversation that I can not terminate unless I call and PLEASE when I call in don't start the question all over again.  Secondly, Why can't I terminate today?  I know my bill is paid through July 4th but I would be glad to accept a credit.  Verizon is the only carrier with service in my area otherwise this experience would make me consider moving my business elsewhere.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Customer Service Line Termination
rcschnoor
Legend

You cannot terminate online. You must either call or stop by a Verizon store.

Additionally, of course you can terminate today. In Verizon's records, however, the termination will complete at the end of your current billing cycle. Verizon does not pro-rate the final month of service and will therefore not grant you a credit. You will lose access to your service when you initiate the termination, though.

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Legend

You cannot terminate online. You must either call or stop by a Verizon store.

Additionally, of course you can terminate today. In Verizon's records, however, the termination will complete at the end of your current billing cycle. Verizon does not pro-rate the final month of service and will therefore not grant you a credit. You will lose access to your service when you initiate the termination, though.

angrybkr

Your response repeats the very reasons I am angry.  Thank You.   If other carriers become available in my area I will be sure to call you.

0 Likes
Not applicable

What was wrong with RC's response.

He gave you accurate information. and he is a customer just like you.

I am sure there are other carriers in your area. T-Mobile or Sprint and even AT&T have a foot print in most areas, unless you live in the Black Hills of Dakota

Personally I would go into a corporate store, but that is just my opinion.

Good Luck'

0 Likes
angrybkr

Sorry, I thought the response was from verizon.

0 Likes