Customer Service Fails Again
hardinh

I'll start by saying my experience with Verizon customer service has never been stellar.  Last year in (July 2012) my iPhone 4 died in a horrible gatorade accident.  I did not have insurance, so I added a line to my family plan and got a new iPhone 4S.  I made absolutely sure to get insurance on the phone because of what happened to the old one.  The new iPhone was added on the new line because that's what they (the Verizon store employee) said they had to do.  They then immediately transferred the iPhone to my phone number. 

Fast forward a little over a year....  Today I dropped my iPhone and now no one can hear me on it.  I thought, "no problem, I have insurance".  Not so fast.  Apparently, the insurance stays with the line, not the phone.  So I've been paying for insurance on a six-year-old basic phone that my youngest son uses because it is the one that is uses the line that was insured. 

Okay, Verizon.  Listen up.  We (customers) do NOT insure our phone lines, we insure our phones. That seems like a no-brainer to me.  My insurance claim was rejected because the phone is not on the original line.  Seriously?!  Now, I have to wait three day business days to find out if the insurance can be switched over to the phone that was actually insured in the first place.  Three days without a working phone before I even find out if I'm eligible to get a replacement phone with the insurance that I have been paying for over a year.  The lines are on the same account.  I am the account owner.  The ESN (or whatever you call it) matches.  What is the problem?

This is not customer service.  This is customer hassle.  I am (once again) not a happy customer.

Here is how it should be:  A phone breaks.  You have insurance.  You get your phone replaced.  Happy customer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customer Service Fails Again
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I agree with you hardinh. If you have insurance, you should have a replacement once a claim is filed. I'm sorry for this entire situation and I know we will get it resolved. If we can match the date you added the line and the insurance on the same day I'm sure we can help you. Please keep us posted and if you need any assistance with this please send us a private message with your name, mobile number and a contact number. Its about time you received stellar customer service.

KinquanaH_VZw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes