Re: Customer Service Dissatisfaction
Not applicable

Wow, this really is a perplexing problem.

It is not feasible to use large amounts of data when data is turned fully off.

Catbird had brought up cloning of your previous stolen device, I am assuming the device was reported and fully disabled ESN meid 

But barring that as an issue, did you check to see if you have the mobile hotspot turned on? As you can see I am looking for any reason for a data leak of loss via theft.

I will keep looking on the net for another answer or solution.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

Michelle I had the same problem last year.  I normally don't come close to using even half of my alloted data then 2 months in a row I'm exceeding my data like I had been watching movies non stop or something.  For the first month I thought it was my son.  The second month it showed  my phone was the culprit.  I called Verizon several times like you and they kept arguing with me that it was correct and I used the data and they could see where I used the data.  Finally I got one smart 2nd level support who said let's scan your phone for a virus.  To make a long story short we found I had a virus on my ext sd card that was constantly connecting to my mobile data even when I was connected to wifi. It never occurred to me to check my ext Sd card for a virus.  But she was right. Viruses are rare but it happens.

mcpellet
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you Patience_Gone!

It's so relieving to hear from someone that has gone through this same problem. It is SO frustrating. Thank you for your advice. Luckily, I just spoke with a helpful verizon support on the phone and he is ordering me a different SIM card. I just recently put a SD card in my phone, and the problem was occurring prior to that. So hopefully this new SIM card will do the trick! Thanks again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mcpellet,

We'll help solve this mystery with you! Have you had a chance to review the data usage history in My Verizon? http://bit.ly/xB4iTc It may provide some very big clues since it lists dates, times, and how much data was used.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes