Customer Service Dissatisfaction
mcpellet
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to convey my extreme disappointment with Verizon Wireless customer service. I have attempted several times to find someone who will help me with an ongoing issue to only receive several unanswered promises of a follow up. At this point I am beyond frustrated with having to retell my issue and am past the point of caring that I am being wrongly overcharged and that there is an issue beyond my device that is inaccurately racking up my data usage. I am now counting down the days until I can exit my contract and switch to a carrier that actually cares about their customers, actually addresses issues, and isn't making an outrageously large dent in my monthly expenses.

Michelle

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customer Service Dissatisfaction
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Looks like we've pushed you to the limit, mcpellet! I regret that, and would regret losing your business even more. I hope to help you resolve this issue. I see that you feel that you're being overcharged for data. Why do you dispute the charges? What's invalid about them?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
mcpellet
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am continually charged for going over on my data limit. However, I BARELY

use my mobile data because of this reason. I shut the mobile data off, and

only use WI-FI when possible. The only time I turn my mobile data on is if

I absolutely have to use my internet for something or to receive group text

messages. Using this strategy I am still somehow going over my data. My

phone was stolen a year ago and that is when this problem began. Prior to

that incident I NEVER turned my wifi on and I used my phone all the time

for facebook, checking emails, pinterest, etc. and not once had an issue of

going over my data limit. I have since tried replacing the phone again, and

turning it back to factory settings and nothing has worked.

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
mcpellet
Enthusiast - Level 1

It looks like I've arrived at a dead end, just like every other verizon employee I've spoken to. Thanks for the help in resolving this issue.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Michelle, you lost me? What is having a stolen phone have to do with data overages?

Now what is the make of phone you are using? Is it an android phone? An Apple phone? A windows phone? Or even a Blackberry?

Going on a blanket answer I will tell you to go into settings and turn off any updating via cellular and set it to use WiFi only. If on an iPhone  go to settings and turn off all apps to sync over cellular data. Turn off cellular and data roaming as well.

This is also available to Android devices. I don't use any windows phones or the soon to be defunct blackberry devices so I cannot help with those settings. Sorry.

Secondly, if you have a low data threshold such as 250-500 MB you may find it is just not enough. You may have to increase to a 2-4 GB plan if available. If you are going over with the higher amounts you must make sure you are connected to WiFi since YouTube videos, Pandora radio, Netflix use loads of data.

While on WiFi switch off your cellular data. It makes sense to be careful.

As you really did not state what overages you are having, or what steps you were told to take this is the best answer I can give you.

Good Luck

mcpellet
Enthusiast - Level 1

My point in mentioning the stolen phone is because, as I stated, my data

was never an issue prior to me having to replace my phone once it was

stolen. I never used WiFi, and I used the internet and Facebook as much as

I pleased. Once I replaced my device, this data issue began occurring.

Thinking it was a device issue I replaced my phone for a second time. The

phone I have is a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Again, as I previously stated, I only use WiFi and my mobile data is

completely shut off. The only time I turn it on is to receive group text

messages. I currently have a 2GB data plan, and with the way I'm using my

phone there is no possible way I am going over 2GB worth of data.

0 Likes
Catbird9
Contributor - Level 2

Facebook can also eat up your data fast.

Facebook to increase your mobile data usage with automatic video playback

As for the stolen phone:

Cell Phone Fraud | FCC.gov

"Every cell phone is supposed to have a unique factory-set electronic serial number (ESN) and telephone number (MIN). A cloned cell phone is one that has been reprogrammed to transmit the ESN and MIN belonging to another (legitimate) cell phone. Unscrupulous people can obtain valid ESN/MIN combinations by illegally monitoring the radio wave transmissions from the cell phones of legitimate subscribers. After cloning, both the legitimate and the fraudulent cell phones have the same ESN/MIN combination and cellular systems cannot distinguish the cloned cell phone from the legitimate one. The legitimate phone user then gets billed for the cloned phone’s calls. Call your carrier if you think you have been a victim of cloning fraud."

Did you report the theft to Verizon's fraud dept?

Not applicable

Hi Michelle, now you have an android device. Go into settings and make sure the update over WiFi is set to on.

Also make sure data roaming is off. Make sure phone updates and back ups are over WiFi only.

I use an iPhone but used androids in the past and my wife uses the LG G2 so I know in the owners manual the settings to turn off or on are in there. Make sure to download the full owners manual from the Samsung web site.

Do this from a computer and not a cell phone.

After you make the device settings changes, turn phone on and off. Then see if your usage is back down to normal.

Good Luck

0 Likes
mcpellet
Enthusiast - Level 1

I DON'T USE MY MOBILE DATA. If I go on Facebook it's only when I'm on WiFi.

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 12:02 PM, Catbird9 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
mcpellet
Enthusiast - Level 1

Elector,

I have already done all those things. It failed to work.

0 Likes