Customer Service Chat Complaints
aznxpoolshark
Enthusiast - Level 1

So do a lot of people get customer service representatives on chat that just don't care?   I have run into a few now that just want to end the chat with me and give off the vibe that my problem doesn't matter to them at all.  I even had one that told me she'd be calling me after the chat with a manager to try to solve the problem, but never even called me.  I've spend too much time wasted on talking with people that don't care about fixing problems that Verizon has created.  I can't imagine people sticking around when they're treated so poorly by a company.  I've usually had such positive experiences with company's chat customer services because it's much better than having to wait on hold on a phone for so long.  This hasn't been the case with Verizon Wireless.  Have I just gotten the few that are bad, or is this Verizon Wireless chat on the whole?

Labels (1)
Re: Customer Service Chat Complaints
Snn5
Legend

It sometimes takes me a time or two to get someone who actually knows what the issue is instead of canned answers.  That's the way it is with any company outsourced or not though.  Some reps actually have a passion for wireless or customer service, some are just there to rack up the connections and keep the sessions to the quota.  True too that some folks don't have a negative outlook on a company until they have a problem that is compounded by lack of training or care in CS.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aznxpoolshark

I'm very sad to hear about the less than stellar experience  you've encountered while chatting with us! We always want you to have the support and service you need any time you reach out. I'd be happy to lift up feedback so we can improve for the future. What concerns were left un-resolved so we can work on them together here?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

afortune86
Enthusiast - Level 3

They're chat is a joke it took me 4 representatives until someone started responding to my inquiry! Which is unresolved still! I asked her to escalate my inquiry to a supervisor and I got no where with her.

Snn5
Legend

Chat is good because you can check your bill while you wait for the next response, especially if there are changes that are to be made.  Also allows for a more calm discussion at times.  But, sometimes syntax and tone are lost and things are misunderstood in typed form.

afortune86
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is your opinion I find the customer service via chat or over the phone is a joke and not helpful at all, even after specifically asking them to note your account they don't do it! They don't read your responses and don't look into what you ask them to look into initially. They see what they want to see! I'm surprised that someone actually answered me because the first 3 didn't respond at all and I highly doubt there was a technical issue as I was connected just fine. Obviously you haven't had any issues and I suppose you are a lucky for that! I'm still trying to figure out how they have so many customers especially after reading all the complaints on the community forum - people should wisen up! Glad I've disconnected only wished I done it sooner. Now if they could just give me the credit that is due back to me on my final bill I'll stop running their name in the dirt with my friends and family. I've already filed a BBB claim on them, posted on their facebook wall, posted here and tagged the customer service to no avail, not sure what else I need to do to get there attention, notice of dispute, threaten them with a small claims suit, they got plenty of money they can give me the money that is owed to me! Because what they are charging me for I can't figure out in what universe that is okay! Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Snn5
Legend

Well, this community is full of people with opinions trying to help others and voice their own concerns.  I didn't say I have never had an issue.  I've had my share of chat reps that just didn't get it, but I have had a few that really did care too.  Nonetheless, running Verizon into the dirt on the forums won't do much good because we are customer to customer support here with the occasional Vzw Rep hopping in from time to time.  What provider did you choose after leaving Verizon?

afortune86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I didn't say I was running their name into the dirt on the forum (maybe I should and help some poor soul come to the conclusion they should get rid of Verizon as soon as possible).  I'm just stating that they don't treat their customers as a priority on chat or phone. I'm using the forum to express how appalled I am at the customer service and hoping the VZW Rep hops on in and fixes my issue!  I too was promised a phone call back and haven't received just like I was promised comments were made on my account that weren't that would really aid the issue that I dealing with right now. I too am only dealing with an issue they caused and it's not the first time! I'm just agreeing with the initial post, they don't care about their customers they just care about lining their pockets and trying to be the biggest service provider out there, bigger is not always better. I went back to Ntelos and I've had them before and only went to Verizon because the service was spotty where I lived with Ntelos and the phones were much better then back in the 2000's. Ntelos is much cheaper too! So glad I switched! Now if I could just wipe my hands of Verizon and this enormous headache they've caused I can get back to my happy self. They really have me acting out of character right now! Customer service is no where it use to be!

"Verizon Credo- a set of principles that describes our culture of integrity, respect, performance excellence and accountability. The Credo is a blueprint that directs us to live up to the highest standards possible when serving our customers, shareowners, communities and each other." They need to live up to their mission statement and stop advertising it just cause it sounds good! Be accountable for your errors Verizon and make it right!

itznotuitzsteve
Enthusiast - Level 1

The chat reps are a waste. I dealt with one last week that told me they were sending me a phone but when i called in the next day, there was no order history. All the phone rep and manager could tell me was their procedures of what "should have happened" rather than honor what was told for a customer of 10 years.

I think you'd have better luck going into a store - at least if they lie there you'll know exactly who to come back to.

Does Verizonsupport actually come to the rescue and solve customer issues?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Each time I use Chat to replace a phone I am given an order number and get an email/text within 5 min before I am even off the chat.

0 Likes