Customer Retention MUST not be Verizon's Goal!!!!
MelissaC616
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can’t believe I am actually sending a complaint email about Verizon. I've had Verizon Wireless service for years and have never had any complaints. The customer service now sucks. You go to the local Verizon store and are typically shot/cut down with we can’t assist you, only after waiting to be seen from anywhere to 30-60 minutes. I must say I used to be able to go into a local Verizon Store for anything, phone drops, water damage, charger not working, and would get one-on-one assistance.

You go into a local store now and you are referred to Assurance. Don’t get me wrong it’s a nice program but when you’re paying a fee each month and then have to pay $100 deductible to get a phone that you originally purchased for $100 doesn’t seem like it makes much sense. Verizon also doesn’t offer early upgrades. Worst idea ever!!!  Now I can’t upgrade, if I go to the store they say “we can’t help you” and they refer to you at Assurance. Now I’m paying $100, which is how much I originally bought the phone for over a year ago. I’ve had Verizon service for over 9 years. I asked about getting a
newer phone and the gentleman said if I don’t want to do the insurance to get another HTC Thunderbolt, which is what I currently have I can get a Droid DNA phone for $350…LOL. I’d rather term my contract before I spend $350 on a phone that I don’t really want. The other thing that sucks is Verizon doesn’t even have HTC phones anymore.

I really can’t wait until March when my contract is up. I will definitely be taking my phone number somewhere else.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customer Retention MUST not be Verizon's Goal!!!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

$100 or $350 is better than the full retail price of these smartphones ($600-700).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MelissaC616
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah maybe for NEW phone not a phone that is over a year old. Really...LOL.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The prices for CPO devices from Verizon have a lower price.

The phone model might have been released a year ago, but the devices unopened in their boxes are still considered NEW.

There is also the payment plan options that Verizon Wireless has. The existing one and the new VZ Edge that was announced recently.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

MelissaC616
Enthusiast - Level 1

No it was a USED phone for $350.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

And $350 does sound like a price for a CPO device.

0 Likes
MelissaC616
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do you work for Verizon or are you just guessing?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't work for Verizon, but I have looked at their CPO devices in the past in case I needed a new phone if I broke my current device.

rcschnoor
Legend

You could always try a website such as Swappa.com in order to get a phone you could use.

MelissaC616
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you!! I will check that out now. (Never heard of it.):smileyhappy:

0 Likes