Coverage
geoman

My family and I live in the great town of Ypsilanti,  Michigan!!!!

But since the merger of Alltel and Verizon I've Notice some drastic changes in coverage!!

These CHANGES have not happened here in Ypsilanti, But In Northern Michigan, Traverse City and In Communities South of the Mackinaw Bridge!

I would like to know why the coverage was so good when it was alltel and now why is is so poor?

To me its like you Cut the power in half of more at the towers. 

Thank you,

Derek B. Huffman

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Coverage
budone
Legend

I noticed that nearly immediately after the purchase by Verizon when I lived in Cedar. I could see the Alltel tower and always had 5 bars. That tower was shut down and I was lucky to get 1 bar most of the times. Although I believe that particular tower is back online.  Some towers are being taken out of commission due to the close proximity of a Verizon tower.

And presently if you are on an Alltel plan, the PRL does not recognize Verizon towers.....yet. However As an area gets converted coverage will come back. I am in GR and I saw the same issue here, but once the conversion occurred all was well again.

I thought Alltel did not offer service East of Howell. We used to roam on Sprint.

0 Likes