Coverage
Nooge

I fired Verizon a year or so back due to the absurd "contract" obligations. I recently returned to Verizon for their "no contract" phones. I ordered me and my wife the Motorola Moto phones. We love the phones. I have compared our phones and coverage to other Verizon friends who are under the "contract" phones. Their "contract" phones have more "bars", better clarity, and seem to be more "powerful" than our "no contract" phones. Is this a ploy by Verizon to provide better service to their "contract" subscribers?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Coverage
Not applicable

It has to do with the 3G (which prepaid is on) versus 4G which your friends are probably on.

And it also depends on the devices.

My best guess is they have 4G LTE data and you are stuck on 3 G

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nooge,

We want you to enjoy the lightning speeds we offer! I need additional clarification to ensure we're on the same page. Are you referring to prepaid phones when you say "no contract" or to our Edge program? Please clarify so we can continue. What is the model of your phones? What's the zip code in your area?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Nooge

Prepaid. Motorola Moto G. 31642

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

Your email etc are showing in the post. Moderators are not Verizon support personnel .

They simply are helping you via removing information that could possibly harm you or annoy.

Customer service may answer you eventually. To get a quicker answer call *611 or 1-800-922-0204 to speak to Verizon services.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

Which as I noted above the speed differences is 3G versus the others using 4 G LTE.

Sorry you got such a hard time.

Pardon my cutting in. You are typing much faster than me ha ha

0 Likes
Nooge

Thank you for your help. Last night I had an unpleasant exchange with another moderator. This morning my inbox was full of spam. Is there any way to find out if this moderator has maliciously distributed my email address?

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

When you reply via email, simply delete all of the information after what you type.

You have your email settings set such that your reply INCLUDES the email to which you are replying in your reply. The means that your email address will be in the reply.

Kind of like when you get forwarded emails from friends which are pages and pages long which ALSO include the email address from anyone who has ever received the email.

Just delete the email tacked onto the end and your replies will no longer have to be moderated.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

As a follow up, no one has to distribute your email address. You are doing it yourself everytime you reply via email UNLESS you don't include the email you receive when replying. To keep from doing this, you have to change your email settings in your email client OR simply delete everything after you are finished typing your reply.

Every time you make a reply, everyone who looks at this forum can see your email until someone reports it for moderation and the moderators edit your reply. You are doing the distributing of your email address yourself.

0 Likes
Not applicable

As RC said the posting of your email address makes it visible to web crawlers and email greppers.

The spam then starts because of the email address being seen.

I would change your email address and then do as RC suggested and make it so its not posted when you reply or make a post.

In this case the moderators are doing you a favor via removing your email address.

Good Luck

0 Likes