Coverage issue
wwc642

I recently (two days ago) changed back to Verizon from AT&T after too many dropped calls. In my office building, I went from good coverage to very poor/non-existent coverage. Who can I contact to see if this can be addressed? After discussing with other Verizon customers here, they have noted this for quite some time. It is a really noticeable difference between the carriers here. Thanks in advance for you help/suggestions.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Coverage issue
DaveBr

I have heard that in some buildings the glass is treated for sun reflection and the treatment blocks some signals.  I had it on the 44th floor of a building.  Might be orientation of the glass to a particular tower?  Difference in frequency of ATT v Verizon?  By the way, in northern Wisconsin I observed that Verizon coverage was much better than ATT, but I heard others say that in rural Indiana it was the reverse.  Try it out the front door?

0 Likes
wwc642

Thanks for the reply Dave. Our building is essentially a ton of brick. The main issue is the stark difference between AT&T and Verizon. I was hoping to stimulate Verizon into redirecting a tower to our facility or placing a tower in/around it in close proximity to at least match (or hopefully beat) AT&T's superior coverage here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us wwc642, and I understand how important it is to have reliable coverage at work. There are many factors outside of our control that can affect signal inside a building. If your company has a corporate account with us, the main contact can contact their business rep about possible indoor solutions like a repeater.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
galaxylovers

Hi, I have been with verizon wireless only a few months and am displeased with coverage at my House in the middle of a metro area.  I chose verizon based on your coverage map that showed solid red 4g lte coverageover my house.  Other carriers had more detail and I could zoom in and see that there was a dead zone around my house. So, even though Verizon shows 4glte coverage, I still drop calls at my HOUSE!!  Any Plans to update towers or whatever you need to do to cover my house?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

galaxylovers,

I am sorry to hear that you are having service issues at your home. Do you have issues indoors and out at your home? What zipcode are you in? What type of device do you have? How far do you have to travel before service improves?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes