Coverage in Las Vegas ... Anyone have problems?
jeff999

I have had Verizon Wireless since 2003 and haven't had any problems except in Las Vegas.  More often than not, my Blackberry won't ring or indicate on the screen when I  have an incoming call.  I also have many dropped calls, especially in the downtown/Fremont St. area, but really all over the valley.

I've updated my roaming capabilities and updated host routing tables, and nothing has worked.  Calls to customer service are condescending saying they have excellent coverage in Las Vegas, and they've never given me any solutions (aside from updating roaming capabilities and updating host routing tables).

Also, Verizon LIES big time on the coverage maps by showing continuous coverage all over Las Vegas when it's quite spotty in several areas.

Has anyone else in Las Vegas had these problems?  Or anyone have any solutions?  I am out of contract so I might just as well change to an carrier with better coverage.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Coverage in Las Vegas ... Anyone have problems?
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

Coverage maps aren't gaurenteed to be 100% accurate, and unfortunately, issues other than coverage can impact your signal quality.  Things like weather, buildings, and network congestion play a big role.  It might be worth calling Verizon CS from another phone and choosing option 3 to speak with tech support.  Describe your problems and see if they can provide any advanced troubleshooting, or if they would be willing to file a trouble ticket.  If your problem is consistently with a specific area, they may be able to pinpoint an issue with a tower that can be fixed.

If your interaction with tech support doesn't get you results, you've already found your own solution.  Use the fact that you aren't under contract as an opportunity to test service in the areas you need it with other providers.  Then choose the provider that meets your need the best, just because Verizon has the largest network doesn't mean its the best for you.

spottybby
Enthusiast - Level 1

jeff999 wrote:

I have had Verizon Wireless since 2003 and haven't had any problems except in Las Vegas.  More often than not, my Blackberry won't ring or indicate on the screen when I  have an incoming call.  I also have many dropped calls, especially in the downtown/Fremont St. area, but really all over the valley.

I've updated my roaming capabilities and updated host routing tables, and nothing has worked.  Calls to customer service are condescending saying they have excellent coverage in Las Vegas, and they've never given me any solutions (aside from updating roaming capabilities and updating host routing tables).

Also, Verizon LIES big time on the coverage maps by showing continuous coverage all over Las Vegas when it's quite spotty in several areas.

Has anyone else in Las Vegas had these problems?  Or anyone have any solutions?  I am out of contract so I might just as well change to an carrier with better coverage.

Downtown, Verizon is really saturated. Data speeds are really slow/poor on the strip..

I consistantly have problems with my Verizon line. Data stops working, I have to put it in Flight mode to bring it back (DROID X)..

T-Mobile is pretty decent honestly. I haven't dropped a call yet.

jyounker
Enthusiast - Level 1

Cell coverage in 89135 near our daughter's home - SW corner of Ft. Apache & Hualapai - is nonexistent. It used to be ok -   not great. But, in the last week, our cells have been "searching for service" the entire time we are at her home.  At our home - near Ft. Apache & Charleston - we also are getting dropped calls. This morning I could not send a text message for over 30 mins so obviously there wasn't much coverage!  So - YES - something is definitely causing Verizon's cellular coverage in this part of LV to deteriorate.  I have reported this to Tech Support & they wrote a trouble ticket on it- so at least they will check it out.  I wonder if system overload is happening to them too - now they are selling the Iphones, which are data hungry phones.