Conveniently, VZW can upgrade your service but cant downgrade
Tmoriello

I was duped into the "unlimited go" plan.  After I changed plans for only $5 more, my download speeds dropped from 30-40MBps down to 0.2-0.4 MBps.  I was told by 2 separate techs that the "Unlimited go" plan was not meant for users like me (who actually use data on their phones) and that this unlimited plan was subject to throttling at all times of the day, regardless of current data usage for the month.  For TRUE unlimited data, I needed to spend another $5 to get into their "Beyond Unlimited" plan which wasnt subjected to throttling until I hit 22GB usage.

So I spent 2 hours on the phone and another 4 hours on twitter.  Check out this lovely messaging from VZW support on twitter.

[Removed]

So after another 2 hours of asking the details of the plan, I agreed and said yes, please change me over to this plan effective today.  After agreeing to this change, I'm greeted by this message from VZW support.

[Removed]

So not only was I duped into a plan that was more expensive and made my phone data unusable, I was then lied to and told I could change my plan today, and then they reneged on their promise and said they couldn't do it for another month.  They can upgrade your plan (charge you more money) no problem, but when you want to downgrade to your old plan because of poor service, they have "System limitations" that prevent them from doing so.

chat transcriptions removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Conveniently, VZW can upgrade your service but cant downgrade
corigurl
Enthusiast - Level 3

They don't allow you to backdate smaller plans because it would potentially create a huge bill with crazy overages due to prorations in data

for instance if you had a 5GB plan, and made it effective with only 7 days left in your cycle in September which had 30 days you would only have 1.17GB for the rest of your cycle.. (5GB/30days) x 7 days left in cycle...things like that.

Tmoriello

In most cases what you say would make sense.  However I had 28 days left in my billing cycle and only used 0.25 GB of data.  This would not have affected me.  Even if it did, They can always credit my account afterwards.  That is not a valid argument in my case

0 Likes
Tmoriello

My post may be difficult to follow in it's current state.  While adhering to the terms of service policy of this forum, here is my updated information for clarification. 

In my own words, here is a summary of what was communicated to me in my earlier conversations with support.

"Here's a plan offering that will solve your issue.  Its a really good deal and will solve your problem.  I can make it effective today.  Would you like me to proceed?"

In my own words, here is a summary of what was communicated to me.  in my conversations with support 2 hours later.

"We're sorry but we cant make that plan active till the beginning of your next cycle which is 28 days away."

0 Likes