Re: Contract ending, want to switch carriers
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

Heh, ok, I'm sure he/she gets it.  They should've kept and read a copy of their contract and you are more responsible than they are. 

Moving on, I think they just want to know the best way to determine whether or not they're going to be hit with an early cancellation fee.  Contacting Verizon (if you can't locate a copy of your contract) is your best bet.  Make sure to keep record of what they say including who you talked to, what time, etc and try to get something in writing in case they give you incorrect information leads you to cancel early and get hit with a cancellation fee.  I had this happen to me and was not happy about it.  To be fair though, I should have kept better records (though I maintain misinformation is worse than no information, especially coming from the people dealing the "cancellation fees"). 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

boobdole wrote:

Can you guys please hire more support people to deal with the volume of requests on here?  Actually, Verizon has plenty of support people, but it seems some people do not like to call CS for free at *611 from their cell phone or (800) 922-0204 from any other phone.

The service online has been truly terrible at best.  Most the helpful posts are by community members rather than Verizon reps and that's a bit disappointing. And is to be expected on a peer-to-peer forum such as this. When I want input from a CS rep, I call Customer Service *611 from my cell phone. It is harder to interact with a Verizon rep on here if one actually responds because of the fact you first have to "follow" the rep and they have to "follow" you. After both are following each other, you can converse by DM so that the rep can find out what your account # is and can give you account specific information. You should not, and incidentally is against the forum TOS, to provide personal information such as this in a post for ALL to see. It is much quicker to do so via phone.

AZSALUKI
Legend

as has been mentioned, it will be different dates for each line, unless you purchased all of the phones at the same time. also, it's likely that there is no contract end date showing up because if you signed it in April of 2010 then you are already out of contract. just call them to make sure.

0 Likes
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

I've called CS a number of times and got the same kind of support over the phone as I did when I talked to an online person.  Basically, they aren't informed of new technology updates, can rarely help me with account issues, times they HAVE told me they were going to credit me for something, I was never credited, and then I get apologies with no solutions.  The only difference is I have to sit on the phone line to talk to someone and have them guesstimate on the spot.  I'd much rather have them take their time, get the necessary information (I don't expect them to know everything right away), and then get back to me.  It makes sense for them, it makes sense for me. 

I think you are correct when it comes to basic account information because they can easily look stuff up.  But anything more complicated than that, talking to a customer rep about it rarely works and usually ends with you being transferred multiple times til you do find the right person or you get disconnected.  Just my experience. 

Contract ending, want to switch carriers
vburke85

Ok I'll try calling *611.  I forgot about that and the toll-free 800 number.  I called my local store, and the guy I talked to couldn't answer my question.  I thought the blank contract end date meant that the contract has expired, but just wanted to be sure because I don't like those kind of surprises.  Thank you everyone who tried to answer my question.

0 Likes
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

Good luck.  Let us know how it all plays out!

0 Likes
askjeeves
Contributor - Level 1

<content deleted per the TOS>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes