Connectivity issues with mobile data on and wifi on
donnala845

I cannot text or make calls if wifi is on but not connected, mobile date enabled, in a good area (4g or 5g) with strong signal. When textine I get a error code 17 and unable to make or receive a call. caller states phone rang then voicemail. I had this issue with a pixel, and now 2 samsung phones

0 Likes
Re: Connectivity issues with mobile data on and wifi on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you are able to use your phone at all times without any errors, donnala845. Let's take a closer look into this. Just to confirm, do you experience any issues with cellular data when your Wi-Fi is off? When did this issue start? What is the make and model of your device? 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
donnala845

When WiFi is off, I experience no issues if I am using Mobile data. I have been experiencing this same issue for years. I've been a verizon customer since 1998. I just upgraded my phone to the new samsung galaxy note 20 ultra with 5g. Before this I has a s9, before that a motorola droid, before that a pixel xl 2. same problem with all of them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is so odd, donnala845. Normally, WiFi helps with service issues. Does this happen with all WiFi networks, or just the one in your home? Do others have the same/similar issues with the WiFi? 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes