Confused with Verizon's billing
whitaker2934

We are late with our cell phone bill, we should be currently paying the bill that was due August 17, 2013.  I called Verizon with some concerns that I am having regarding our bill and was informed that our account is 68 days past due.  When I asked how that was possible, I was informed that we are paying on a bill from June, 2013.  Confused, I said, "So what you are telling me is that the bill that was due in August is paid but that we now owe a past due bill from June?" That's correct the representative answered.   I asked how that was even possible, I was under the assumption that if we paid our bill late, the payment went towards the last bill (for the previous month), and then that bill was paid up.  That is how it has been since we got our account.  The previous months bill is paid and the current balance is transferred to the next bill saying Balance Forward (Past Due). I am so confused as to how Verizon's billing system works now, I do not understand how our bill for August is paid but not our bill for June.  I continued asking how this is possible and kept getting the run around by the representatives.  They cut our phones off on August 8, 2013, I called #PMT from my phone and post dated a check for August 15, 2013.  Our phones were reconnected within 5 minutes that day. 4 days later they were shut off again, I called and asked why and was told that I did not make a payment arrangement with them.  I told them that I had post dated the check and was under the assumption that was a payment arrangement.  I was told it was not and from now I had to call and talk to financial services.  Now on our new bill we owe $150 in reconnection fees, can some one please explain the billing to me.  I am told one thing but they do something totally different.  I am very frustrated with Verizon right now and I am seriously considering having my line suspended.  They lie about how much your bill will be each month and give me the run around each time I call, they also talk to me like I am stupid and in the end I hang up dissatisfied with none of my questions answered!!!!! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Confused with Verizon's billing
budone
Legend

Choose, VIEW BILL from left hand side of screen

Then choose the billing period you want to view and then click on, VIEW AND SAVE PRINTABLE BILLS.

These are very detailed invoices and may help you understand what is going on for the last few months.

Any questions, head back to this thread!

Re: Confused with Verizon's billing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@whitaker2934,

Never fear help is here! Let me help clarify all your billing concerns.

Let me first apologize for all the inconvenience you've gone through trying to figure this all out. When there is a past due balance on the account any payments you make are applied to the oldest bill. I'm not sure why you were advised that the payment would go to the current bill.

I would like to access and review your account so I can better assist you. $150.00 in reconnection fees is definitely laughing matter.

Please send me a direct message with your name, mobile number, and your billing password so I can review the account. Also, provide the best number and time to contact you so we can figure this all out.

I value your business and definitely don't want to lose you.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes