Confused about repaired Edge phones
jersey1376

I dropped my G3 a few days before i could edge up and shattered the screen and broke the digitizer. I immediately went into my local verizon store and asked exactly what i needed to do to repair it so i could edge up still. The lady said that since i have insurance i can file a claim and have them replace it or i can go somewhere local and have it done. I told her that i was on the edge plan and she said it was fine. When i came on here to see what others have done i have noticed that even if you're phone is repaired they are still charging people like it's a non-functioning phone.

My question is will verizon accept my phone if it's repaired or am i going to be paying the full price no matter where i get it fixed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Confused about repaired Edge phones
rcschnoor
Legend

jersey1376 wrote:

I dropped my G3 a few days before i could edge up and shattered the screen and broke the digitizer. I immediately went into my local verizon store and asked exactly what i needed to do to repair it so i could edge up still. The lady said that since i have insurance i can file a claim and have them replace it or i can go somewhere local and have it done. I told her that i was on the edge plan and she said it was fine. When i came on here to see what others have done i have noticed that even if you're phone is repaired they are still charging people like it's a non-functioning phone.

My question is will verizon accept my phone if it's repaired or am i going to be paying the full price no matter where i get it fixed?

DO NOT get it repaired by yourself locally. You would end up having to pay off the entire Edge balance on the device when you return it.

You can get it replaced via insurance and it will qualify for Edge Up. The insurance replaced phone is eligible for Edge Up.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Confused about repaired Edge phones
rcschnoor
Legend

jersey1376 wrote:

DO NOT get it repaired by yourself locally. You would end up having to pay off the entire Edge balance on the device when you return it.

You can get it replaced via insurance and it will qualify for Edge Up. The insurance replaced phone is eligible for Edge Up.

0 Likes