Complaint against a Verizon salesperson?
SEAGIB71

Samsung had a promotion for the Galaxy S9 for $569 if you ordered the phone through them and use Verizon device payment. The Samsung site said Verizon says I'm not eligible for an upgrade. I called Verizon CS and the rep said their sales dept could give me the same deal. I gave CS all the details of the Samsung promo before he transferred me to EJ in the Sales dept. I once again exlpained the entire scenario to EJ. He started processing the request and put me on hold several times. While finalizing the transaction he never stated what the monthly cost  was going to be which is standard practice for CS. I asked if the monthly payment was going to be $23.75. He went silent briefly and then said for the Note 9. I stated I was purchasing the S9 not the Note 9. He said i thought you said the Note 9. I reminded him that CS gave him the info and I also gave him the info when our conversation started. He said to accept the delivery and bring it to a Verizon store to swap it out. I asked for him to cancel the order and I would find a phone elsewhere. He assured me he was cancelling the order and it would be removed from my account later today. Later in the day I received a delivery notice from UPS. I immediately called CS back and had to spend another 30 minutes on the phone to get the order cancelled. I am extremely disappointed in the behavoir of this salesperson. It seems like EJ was doing whatever he had to for a high priced sale. I hope this is not condoned by Verizon to get sales. I think I should be able to get the deal that Samsung was offering for having to endure this nonsense.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Complaint against a Verizon salesperson?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SEAGIB71,

I'm very sorry to hear trying to upgrade wasn't a positive experience. When ordering anything the right phone should be ordered and you should be fully informed of the price and what to expect. I'm very sorry that didn't happen here and you had to spend so much time dealing with this. While we don't price match, I'm glad to submit feedback on this encounter to make sure it is reviewed and we do better going forward. I have sent you a private message. Please reply when you're able to so we can get additional details needed to help.

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Complaint against a Verizon salesperson?
bearone21
Legend

he said/she said!!

0 Likes