Comcast / Verizon promotion
DonMcC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Following is a copy of an email I sent to Comcast regarding an ongoing issue trying to get two iPhones through their joint offer. I can't tell were the fault lies but I'd like resolution.

On Oct 12 I ordered 2 iPhones on line to get the $150.00 per phone pre-paid Visa Card.

Order Summary:

Preorder Confirmation: 1101428508130501

Order Number: 10457

Order Location: E184001

Order Date: 10/12/2015

Ship By: 10/12/2015

The online status on this order kept showing “in process” until 26 Oct when I got an email “confirming" that it was cancelled. I never requested cancellation and when I called Verizon they could not give me a reason for the cancellation. They suggested I re-order. I did.

Order Summary:

Preorder Confirmation: 1104429907230501

Order Number: 10560

Order Date: 10/26/2015

Ship By: 10/26/2015

Given the experience I had with the 1st attempt I called 3 times over the week to see what the actual status was as the on line page showed “in progress”. The 1st answer I got was - will be shipped tomorrow, The 2nd answer was “we’re running behind and it may be another day or two. Today I was told the delay was because it was ‘awaiting payment’ and that I should contact my credit card (the same one I pay my monthly Verizon and Comcast bills with). Chase credit card had no refused items - neither Comcast nor Verizon had submitted a request for payment other than for the monthly bills.

I called Verizon again with this information and was then told that they didn’t request payment - Comcast did. So I called Comcast - got hold of a rep who had something to do with the Comcast/Verizon lash-up. After having three-way calls with various Verizon offices it was determined that neither Comcast nor Verizon could resolve the issue. The person from Comcast stated that if I bought the phones through his unit I would get a $50 rebate per phone - not the $150 offer. I asked to be put in contact with the office responsible for the “internet only $150 promotion” I was told that was impossible since it was “internet only” and therefore run by the system. I tried to explain that there had to be a human there who was responsible for making sure the internet only offer ran smoothly and that is who I wished to speak with. The person I spoke with who up to that point had tried to be helpful said there was no such person - he seemed to believe that there is a computer operating independently and running a portion of your company

His next suggestion was that I just try again if I really wanted $150/per instead of just $50. I expressed my concern that doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result was an indication of insanity but said OK lets give it one more try but first lets make sure the existing order was cancelled. He seemed surprised that I thought that was needed as it “would probably get cancelled automatically”. I can just imagine the fun I would have trying to resolve an issue of getting four phones instead of just two.

Perhaps foolishly, I tried again. I am assuming the $150 promotion is real and not just a cruel joke. The new order is:

Order Summary:

Preorder Confirmation: 1132030609400501

Order Number: 10612

Order Date: 11/02/2015

Ship By: 11/02/2015

I would appreciate it if someone responsible at Comcast (and your partner Verizon) would do whatever it takes to satisfy this order promptly. So far I am way less than impressed. As I told one of the reps today “I thought it was near impossible to make AT&T look good - but this alliance seems to be working on it.”

Labels (1)