Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,941 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Collections after combining accounts??
GIRLYMECHANIC

In 2015 my husband and I joined accounts into a family plan.  The account number that was closed apparently had a balance that was not transferred to the account along with the phone number.  We had no idea there was an outstanding 60.00 charge to the closed account and its not costing us 100.00 a month in additional mortgage insurance premiums on our new house because of the amount that one item is affecting my husbands credit.  We filed a good faith request letter and I just called as well.  All Verizon will say is "due to the fair credit reporting act, since you paid the bill after we sent it to collections it is on your credit for 7 years".  HOW IS THIS FAIR?  If VERIZON kept the balance with the phone number, it would have been added to the bill and would have been paid.  We have been with Verizon for so many years and have 4 phone lines and pay on time every month.  Why on earth, with a 240.00 monthly phone bill, would we not pay a 60.00 charge?  The minute we received the phone call from the collection agency (we never received on from Verizon) we obviously paid the bill.  as the number was still active, Verizon could have called the number and said, hey you owe us for this... at the time, we paid the transfer fee.  Although I loved Verizon as a service, once we pay off our current phones, were done. As a Note 8 owner, unless I want to lose the rebates of my phone, I am stuck with them until my 2 years is up.  Please, if you have the thought of combining two Verizon accounts into a family plan, call regularly to ensure they let you know when there is an outstanding bill otherwise you may be paying like crazy to other companies.  Thank you Verizon for you wonderful commitment to you customers and your fantastic customer service. (yes of course this is said with much sarcasm!!!)

collectionsdispute​ collection​ combining accounts​ verizon customer care​

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Collections after combining accounts??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, I went ahead and sent you a Private Message. We can go ahead and continue to help in private. 

0 Likes
GIRLYMECHANIC

As the Verizon response I actually received was hidden from this reply and sent "privately" I thought I should share. ESPECIALLY as they made it seem like they were willing to actually help!!

franciscop_vzw

franciscop_vzw

We understand how important it is to make sure that your bills are paid off on time. When a transfer is done, any charges prior to the day of the transfer remain on the old account. It is the customer's responsibility to review their accounts and make sure that they are paid off.

0 Likes
GIRLYMECHANIC

And just for openness and honesty, Here is my reply:

"How is that in any way helpful as you stated in the community forum reply?  When we combined the accounts we paid off the balance fees that were there at the time.  We never received a bill or a phone call.  How would we have known that there was still fees being added to a closed account?  we did it all over the phone and paid what we were told to pay.  I understand that you have 0 care regarding your loyal customers.  Luckily for me, there are many other cell phone companies in my area.  for a service we pay so much for, I would expect that something this minor could be resolved.   We pay Verizon at least 3,072.00 a year for service.  And over a 60.00 fee (for what we still don't know as we NEVER received a bill but simply paid it as soon as we found out that it was existing) we are now stuck with an extra 100.00 a month on our mortgage.  So to us, our business and loyalty Mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!"

0 Likes

Add thoughts to the community

Start a new topic or ask questions in the open forum.