Re: Cloud Services not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi BetteCarkson - Let's get the Cloud floating again! I have seen success with resetting the application itself through Settings>Applications>All>Cloud>Clear data. This will not clear any of your data from the online Cloud itself just the cache within the application. Please keep me updated on the status as I would be happy to troubleshoot further!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport 

0 Likes
lancede
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the exact same issue.  Samsung galaxy 5s.

0 Likes
BetteCarkson
Enthusiast - Level 2

I totally reset Cloud through the application and that worked. I have not had problem since. It has been a few days. I cleared the data and I did not lose anything.

0 Likes
lancede
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried that with no luck, still having same issue. Very frustrating.   Come on verizon, a little help here please.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's figure this out lancede! Have you used Cloud on a previous device? Did it sync initially, and then stop working, or has it never synced with your phone? Are your contacts backing up?

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lancede
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I have used Cloud on a previous device.  I have used it on this one as well and everything was working fine.  The new phone has synced and backed up, including contacts.  Now I cannot access it as it says "check to make sure you have a data connection."   I checked settings and do have a connection so not sure why I am getting this message.  I have also tried all the suggestions in this thread but nothing has worked.

Samsung Galaxy 5s

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update lancede. What phone do you have? Have you tried to reset the data settings on your phone or tried toggling the network settings? Are you using wifi when you try to sync your phone? Have you had any recent software updates on your device?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

dgold1

Cloud not working for me either.  LG G2, and it seemed to happen just after I "updated" the Cloud app.  Doesn't work over WiFi or Cellular, and of course every few minutes I get the "Warning" pop up window.

I did to go Settings->ApplicationManager->Cloud and cleared the data and the cache.  Then when I fired up Cloud, it started backing up and then the popup happened again.  I think it was still backing up in the background (I have little clouds on the notification bar).  But once the pop up comes up and says it can't connect, the cloud app closes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dgold1,

I am so sorry you are still having issues with the Cloud. Thank you for the troubleshooting steps you have done already! Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Playstore>Cloud>Uninstall. Once the app is reinstalled test it out again.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sethgagnon

I am also have this same issue. This is incredibly annoying. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times and that does not resolve the issue. This message pops up every few min and I imagine its draining the battery too. Thanks!

0 Likes