Re: Civil discourse and Damage Control
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

From looking at the training material that was leaked, Share Everything will be the only option for new customers.  Looks like Verizon also wants to phase out individual plans by baiting people into adding more devices since everything is shared.

0 Likes
rrutl
Contributor - Level 2

The main point to consider moving forward is that: while vz is saying we can keep what we have 'for now'  they expend enormous amounts of effort to wean us away from that with a wide range of tactics including discontinuance of plans, sales  promotions, and seemingly even taking advantage of (lesser informed) customers with false claims by CS reps. People need to stay informed, and I have instituted my own policy of asking CS reps to record important things they have said to me in account notes. This will increase accountability on their part and protect me from false statements. In the long run as a consumer I have few alternatives in America because big corporate has hijacked our democracy, so my effort now turns to regaining some measure of control of Congress and our representatives. Monopolies, Douopolies,Oligopolies are all bad for democracy. Greedy corporations have (I hope) finally awakened the sleeping giant  . . the people. Many movements are afoot.    

Irishwolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Pretty much like the total F up that Netflix did.  I've been a loyal Verizon customer for over 10 years, but this new greed scheme will cost me more for stuff I don't use.  If I was over 65 the 65 plan would be perfect for my useage, but I am not.  I was already grandfathered in to a 250 minute voice plan and 100 texts with unlimited data, I never even come close to using those, and never hit 1GB on data, so I don't mind so much losing that, but I do mind either needing to pay full price for a phone or going up to the new minimum voice and text levels and pay for minutes anad texts that I will never use.  My upgrade is not valid until 6/28, ironicially and probably planned by Verizon, the day they make this switch.  So 6/28 is also the day that they are going to lose a loyal customer.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dividendchannel/2012/06/14/why-verizon-communications-inc-is-a-top-25-di...

Until we see a change in that, I wouldn't expect Verizon to care too much about their customers.  As long as the shareholders are happy, Verizon will keep squeezing their customers until all the juice is gone.

0 Likes
vznsharewallet
Enthusiast - Level 3

In Less Than 1 Year Verizon Data Goes from $30/Unlimited to $50/1GB

how is this fair??????  it is just pure greed.

https://www.facebook.com/VerizonShareYourWalletPlan

rrutl
Contributor - Level 2

While the initial reaction from Wall street may be good, within a few days the obvious consumer revolt may yet cause enough market instability to reverse the uptick. After all consumers ARE an element (even if analysts done consider us a major one) of any market. This move (new plan) won't have much short term impact on actual revenues even if the trading sharks exploit it. After all wall street operates on the perceived value of things . . not it's ACTUAL worth (Enron,etc.) and we all know how quickly perceptions (and public image) can change in today's viral global economy. If only verizon could have stopped us from talking to each other . . dang it who left the internet on . . . sheez 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I don't think that this is correct. From THIS page, it appears that you will be able to choose from among the tiered data plans, too.

0 Likes
Not applicable

All Verizon has done is add a shared data option for the people who have been begging for it.  Individuals can keep or purchase the tiered data plans that were introduced last summer.  They have also announced that unlimited data will be lost if you sign a new contract.  I believe the average Verizon customer who visits this board either cannot read or cannot comprehend the English language.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

rcschnoor wrote:

I don't think that this is correct. From THIS page, it appears that you will be able to choose from among the tiered data plans, too.

For existing customers.  Droid-life apparently removed the training material from google+ so can't find the new customer info but sure sounded like Share Everything would be the only option for those.  Someone over on Howard Forums quoted it as saying ""All new customers should be activated on Share Everything, including single lines." Guess we won't really know though until the 28th when everything is pushed out.

0 Likes
Not applicable

No, not correct.

0 Likes