Changing phone
Gabby92
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to buy a new phone without the outrageous charges. If I buy a verizon phone will i be charged for changing phones? I know that the plan and everything will change because i am going from a basic to a smartphone but otherwise i want to know if i will be charged anything extra, like termination fees or anything like that. I'm not concerned with what the plan fees and stuff will be because i will handle all that when i get it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Changing phone
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As of this spring, there is a $30 upgrade fee (lots of threads about it on this forum).

Your plan doesn't necessarily have to change.  If you upgrade your basic phone to a smartphone, you can stay on the plan you have (unless it's an old plan) and just add a tiered data package (i.e., $30 for 2GB).  There are no termination fees unless you cancel a line before your contract term is fulfilled.

0 Likes
Re: Changing phone
B33
Legend

Just as Tik said there is a $30.00 dollar Upgrade Fee but you could possibly get $25.00 off because of your Plan i say again it is possible they will determine that at purchasing time, if you decide to Service bill the Device if you have that Option and you might the part you service bill you will have to take care when you statement comes.. I have used this Option many many times..

0 Likes