Changing account owners?
chevelle69

Situation:

I have 3 lines on my account. My contract ends toward the end of 2013. My brother is willing to take over the account. Would it be possible for be to port my number from Verizon to another carrier without being charged the ETF? The only line that is under contract is my phone number.

Solution??

Suggestions are appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Changing account owners?
Tidbits
Legend

No and it's the same regardless of any carrier.  Once you start the porting process then it will start the cancellation process as well.  Some people have found a funny round about way of doing it, but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

0 Likes
Re: Changing account owners?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello chevelle69,

I’m sorry to learn you’re leaving Verizon Wireless. I would love to keep you as a satisfied customer. Keep in mind if you port out your number to another carrier your line will disconnect at the end of the bill cycle. If the agreement on the line has not been fulfill an early termination fee will apply. If you do port out your number your brother will not be able to assume liability of this line. For more information on how your brother can transfer the account under his name you can visit: http://bit.ly/JG6iOD
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us for any additional concerns you have.

DaisyP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes