Certain web pages and apps using Verizon cellular will not load
thisisjustinsane

I'm at a loss of what to do now.

I have been on the phone with Verizon for two days, been in the verizon store for hours with my iPad, my cellphone and my jetpack.

No one knows what is going on, they are all having me do the same thing then sending me to other stores and it is still not working.

I just started a new account with verizon - unlimited data.

I had them set up my iPad Pro (purchased from the Apple store) and a jetpack.

The internet works for many websites - but it does not work on walmart.com or a few other average everyday websites - and it does not work with the PS app (this is all that I have noticed so far in the short four days of having an account with Verizon so for all I know there might be more web sites).

The websites that do not work, simply hang and do not load at all.

Of course the app and the websites in question load on every other device, the web pages and apps have been checked multiple times, none have been down or offline at all.

The devices have been factory reset, updated, cleaned cache, every single thing that can be done to the devices has been done.  Verizon customer service has reset the network on their end.

In two Verizon stores they have witnessed that the web pages and the app will not load using the sim assigned to me, and of course using my exact same devices in question with someone elses wifi work just fine.

When they have taken the sim from either my iPad or the jetpack and placed this into their own "test device" that device does not work. Meaning it is the sim/phone number or whatever they have assigned to me.

Finally, after 12 hours of this today, they assigned me a new number, new sim, placed this into the jetpack.  Tested it in store, it loaded the walmart page - then again minutes later it stopped working.

After going to the Apple store (which is where I purchased the iPad Pro) I showed them what was going on, and how many resets and what all else Verizon has tried.  He said he has seen this before, there is a problem with Verizon and the account provisioning and DNS issues.

Has anyone else had this problem and been able to fix it?

I don't even know who to contact about this since I have spent hours on the phone already three separate times with Verizon and nothing has changed this, and hours in person in the store with the devices having multiple workers look at it and nothing has changed this - and here I am with a two year contract and not being able to use the most average websites and apps on any device.

Does anyone have a contact number or even an email of anyone at Verizon that could help with this issue. I have been dealing with this for days and now with that time limit running out and having to work all day I am afraid I am going to be stuck paying for items that only partially work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Certain web pages and apps using Verizon cellular will not load
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thisisjustinsane,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We certainly want to make sure that your concerns are taken care of promptly. Can you run a speed test at speedtest.net and let us know what the up load/down load speeds are.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JORDGUITAR

Yes, i have this same problem with VUDU.com and the VUDU app on my Verizon wirelss DATA connection only. Walmart owns VUDU, so it appears Verizon is possibly blocking Walmart, VUDU, and its related companies...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is never the experience that we want you to have when using our services, Jorguitar. Do you know how to track your IP Addresses on your devices? A known issue that could be causing this is that the main host of those sites are using a program to block specific IP Addresses from accessing their site due to those addresses being registered under a form of threat. I would recommend that you track your IP Address and write it down, reset your IP Address and verify that it is on a new block of IP Addresses. Try to log in to the site after you have successfully changed your IP or created a Static IP Address.

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Cindir323

I'm having the same issue. My speed test results are fast (44 download/10 upload). I can be on home wifi or turn off wifi and result is the same on my new phone. I can get to it on a computer and it works fine. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Service concerns are not what we want for you. We'll be happy to help! When did this issue start? Is the phone software up to date? - VZW_ChristianP

0 Likes