Cell towers in zip 17729 work only on 4g lte not 3g
tlyman

Why can't I get a 3g signal from the cell towers in north central clinton county pennsylvania?  Only 4g lte.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cell towers in zip 17729 work only on 4g lte not 3g
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which device are you using? It might be possible that Verizon Wireless has converted the tower to all 4G LTE.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tlyman

I have an iphone 7 and my friend has a 3G flip phone.  I have service my friend does not.  The towers are a couple of years old and I suspect that Verizon isn't going to support the old technology.  This would be unfortunate in our rural area where many can not afford smartphones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tlyman, it's important to us that all of our customers have reliable service no matter what type of device that they have. When did your friend start having issues with their phone?  We recommend that your friend updates the roaming capabilities on that flip phone by dialing *228 and selecting option 2 to update the roaming capabilities. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tlyman

I gave my friend your information but he won't be back in the area for a few days to test his phone.  His phone works fine at his home location.

On a separate but, I think, related issue I am installing a trail camera that connects to the Verizon network.and it works at my home but not at the 17729 location.  I have gone through all the diagnostics with the camera company and have gone up to the actual cell tower but it won't connect  The camera company feels it is a problem with the tower since it works fine at my home 20 miles away. Can you check this or put me in touch with someone who can?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your friend should complete the PRL update (dialing *228, option 2) while they are connected to a strong tower signal.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's take a look at some specifics, tlyman. Is this an always streaming camera. What does the area look like when looking up coverage here:

https://vzwmap.verizonwireless.com/dotcom/coveragelocator/Default.aspx?requesttype=NEWREQUEST?reques... ?

DavidH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tlyman

No. This is not a streaming camera but is specifically designed to be 3G compatible and takes single pictures.  It works fine at my home but not at the above location.  Please put me in contact with tier 2 support.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tlyman, we want to make sure that we get your device properly working so you can enjoy the use of the network with your camera. Do you recall a previous time when a 3G device worked in the problem location?

HarleyE_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tlyman

I will answer my own question. After 2 weeks and numerous phone calls (3 times to tier 2 support) verizon is only putting 4G on new towers as they are phasing out 3G and 2G.  Simple answer but was hard to find.  Verizon should let the tier one support know and save everyone a lot of time.

0 Likes