Cell phone... unnecessary luxury?
artist77

I recently terminated two cell phones only to encounter $500 worth of inflated early termination fees. Verizon has harassed me to pay the entire bill immediately even after I had already setup a payment plan of $200/month on the balance. Our remaining broadband service was disconnected 4 days after we rec'd the past due notice. A great way to generate more fees, I guess.

I DO NOT FEEL AS THOUGH I AM A VALUED CUSTOMER!

I have been a customer of Verizon since 1997, and have put up with the 2 year plan requirements over the years whenever we upgraded along with other irritating points even though our credit with Verizon is good, but this is absolutely ridiculous. I have spent lots of time calling the billing hotline entering my numbers and waiting only to find that someone had not completed the payment plan setup or had it approved by their supervisor etc. How frustrating. There was a time when we did not have mobile phones and since the beginning of this month we have returned to that reality with a single land line at our residence. It is actually an improvement when you see how much distraction the cell phone causes. I know that everyone now believes a cell phone is necessary but in all honesty, is it? I am beginning to strongly feel that a whole lot of my time and money has been thrown away for this unnecessary luxury, as my life is working well with checking for messages and returning calls when I get back in. I am less likely to get in a car accident answering the phone too. Wonder what others think about this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cell phone... unnecessary luxury?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Im having a hard time with a few things here:

Why do you feel thr etfs were inflated?

On a past due bill, doesnt matter if other lines were disconnected. The remaining lines can be suspended for non payment.

You cant set up payment arrangements over a couple of months.

Why are you not a valued customer? You didnt pay the bill, you disconnected before the agreement was up. YOU did not keep up your end of the agreement. Verizon DID.

Best of wishes with your landline.