service is across multiple phones and accounts.  This is also an issue with

AT&T but I did talk to someone with Sprint and had decent service with

their device.  I have tried the HD calling and WIFI calling with little to

no help.  We have also started to try cell phone boosters for better inside

reception but with there is not a very strong outside reception the booster

does not do much.  We are using more and more cellular technology in out

equipment for our farm and we need dependable service.  We run cellular

tablets in our planter, combine and sprayer.  We are looking at some other

items in our grain system and irrigation.

The weakest point is voice with text or data we are using a wifi network

that helps bridge the gap.

I know that installing towers are expensive and you can not put one on

every corner but if there is any interest we have a 90 foot tower that

equipment could be installed on to help with our weak area along with other

areas  blocked by hills obstetrical.

Mike [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Re: Cell phone reception getting worse
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

These are fantastic details that help paint a clearer picture of your experience, mwtwen. Now in reference to those tablets or other smartphones, when off wi-fi what are your upload speeds and download speeds when running this speed test? http://openspeedtest.com
Do you have a Verizon Wireless business account, or is it a personal one?

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mwtwen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for taking so long to get back I was not around our farm until today to try to run the speed test. So the link you sent to do the test would not load. I had an app speed test that I ran and the down load was .4 to .74 and the upload was all around .65. This was 1x or 3g one bar. I went a few miles downs the road. Ahner 8 to 10 miles and I was able to get 7.31 down load and 3.73 upload. This was on lte three bar. The phones are personal phones and tablets I do have a phone and a couple tablets that my company that I work for that I am using. We are trying to run a farm and have a lot of technology in the tractors and my 67 year old father need to be able to make a call to get my assistance with the monitor setup with out his calls dropping and most times it won’t even complete the call. We are also running our irrigation through a Verizon cell signal and it took a half dozen try’s to get the system to connect and send the message to turn it off. We desperately need some assistance to get a better and reliable cell service for are little corner of the world.

Just up the road we have a small local restaurant that will bring in 300 to 400 customers on Wednesday night and decent crowds on the weekend. There is no service when you go inside and marginal outside. There is also a fairly main road that does go through hills and the towers around are blocked with something in our area should help the dead area. Our farm seems like the center of the pocket without service.

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mwtwen, 

No worries at all. We are glad you were able to get back to us. I am sure you are frustrated with the loss of service. I would be too! 

Coverage may vary day to day due to a variety of reasons such as cell site changes, foliage, construction, population changes, and interference.  In this area, you may have trouble making a phone call or using your service. 

We'd like to investigate this further since it definitely looks like there could be issues with congestion with that many people visiting the area. Be on the look out for the Direct Message from me. 

Tamara_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ebol5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here in South Florida , gotten much worse in the last year or so. Can't hold a call in my house,  my work (20 miles from my house). Verizon says tfb,  use Wi-Fi . They need to be honest with us,  the towers can't keep up anymore.. They over sold the capacity. When you call them they make it seem like each complaint is a separate issue. It's all over the internet,  East Coast,  west cost. You are right it's like going back to dial up. If I am going to get terrible service I am not paying Verizon top $$$ for it,  calling T-Mobile. .

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

ebol5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did 2 weeks ago.. Final answer is.. .Use Wi-Fi to make calls when home.  That was so (insert banned word)  stupid I couldn't believe they were saying it.. What about when I'm not home and it happens .

Ed B.

Melanator60
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, signal has gotten worse since last year. We live in a semi-rural area, 01344, but the signal has been great until the last several months. We often have only 3g, or 1x even, inside or outside our home. We put in a ticket, and were told basically too bad.

We will be switching as soon as another provider offers decent coverage in our area. This is the problem with monopolies. The company has no incentive to do better, because we have no other choices.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your efforts are appreciated and I apologize for the inconvenience because we certainly don't want to lose you. I realize the details from the ticket did not meet your expectations. However, I'm glad we are able to provide network coverage where our competitors can't. In an effort to help improve your indoor coverage have you considered getting a network extender: http://spr.ly/6584D4SRg ? Additionally, I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily. 

Ayani_VZW

0 Likes
Mbenitez42
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having trouble in 79936 I can’t get more then 2 bars lte anywhere in that zip code or 79938 or 79925 or 79927 calls, texts, FaceTime, streaming, gaming... its all affected even with WiFi connected... even if all other apps are completely closed i constantly have poor signal that never reaches more then 2 bars. my other lines are affected as well and there is 5 lines connected on our plan... your “reliability” to be the “best” network is not looking so good anymore, and customer service is even worse. But that has nothing to do with my phone lines, that’s gotta do with my separate account. For the amount of money we pay on our bill and for the entire existence of our account, which is easily since you began offering services in our city in the 90s... we should be getting better service and better loyalty from your company instead of What we’re getting now. 

Sjbrazil
Enthusiast - Level 1

What zip code.  What are you talking about, I’m not looking at what zip code I’m in while I’m driving.  So I’ll just pound sand.  

0 Likes