Cell booster in Sunnyvale thinks it's in Corte Madera
Karenoid

When I get to my office in Sunnyvale, and my phone connects to the cell booster that is 6 inches from my cubicle, my phone suddenly thinks it is in Corte Madera.  How can I get that fixed?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Cell booster in Sunnyvale thinks it's in Corte Madera
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Karenoid,

That is a fantastic question. I absolutely understand how important it is to have the correct information shown on your wireless device. Do you mind sharing if this booster was provided by VZW? Is this booster linked to your wireless account or another parties? The listed error would relate to how the device is set up. Please share details, thanks!

Matthew_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Cell booster in Sunnyvale thinks it's in Corte Madera
Karenoid

I really have no idea whether VZW or my employer owns this booster.  I can't find any information on my phone about the "cell tower" I am connected to in order to better identify the booster.  I have submitted a trouble ticket to my employer's IT department.  I am hoping they will fix it or contact Verizon and ask you guys to fix it, as appropriate. (They consider it a "low priority, localized" problem and aren't really rushing.)

The strange thing is that the booster has been claiming to be "Sunnyvale" for a couple of years, and suddenly 10 days ago, it decided it was "Corta Madera".  My boss wants to unplug it and take it outside so it can "see" the GPS satellites because he thinks that will reset it to Sunnyvale!

Karenoid

<< Personal information removed.  Please remove original message when replying via email. >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes