Cell Tower Reliability in Hot Springs Arkansas
skyking263

I switched  to Verizon about 18 months ago because the reception was better than most. My house is in a dead zone for all cell service but Verizon was a little better. Used to be when I got to the road I would get 3 bars, then when I got the main road 2 miles away and all over town I would get 4 and mostly 5 bars everywhere. It's been at least 6 months more like 10 I'm lucky to get 1-2 bars most places all over town. Service is abysmal. I've been told Verizon knows. I'm not the only person with this issue. The tower are not right, they have been trying to fix it. This is not something Verizon is trying to fix. It  should be fixed, you either have the equipment to make it right or you don't. Why is this city going months and months without proper service? I fight to get pages to load for simple searches, I constantly have dropped calls in areas I should have no issues. I have texts that simply do not go through. What is the hold up? I had been considering a signal booster for the reception at the house but what good does that do me if there is no usable service anywhere?

0 Likes
Re: Cell Tower Reliability in Hot Springs Arkansas
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a consistent and reliable wireless connection is essential. We're sorry to see that you've not been pleased with coverage in Hot Springs, AR. Upon checking our map and alerts, I do not see any known issues. Customers who live in areas with a lack of service will benefit from a 4G LTE Network extender. This device must be used with a high speed internet connection through your home internet service provider and it boosts indoor coverage to improve call quality and data connection. If it has been determined that the overall location has service problems then a Network Extender or Signal Booster would give you a better experience while at home. Here is a link with FAQs for the 4G LTE Network Extender: http://vz.to/IHRT6h. Have you already worked with our technical support team to have a ticket filed? 

SheritaH_VZW

0 Likes
skyking263

Hi, Thanks for your response. No, I've not worked with technical support. I had considered buying a network extender for my home but I didn't want to invest in one until I knew the tower issue in the area is corrected. We used to have excellent Verizon service in this area. The reason I am inquiring about it is because I specifically asked the last time I was in my local Verizon store about the severe degradation in service quality we have been experiencing around town. I was told there had been damage to one of the towers and thus far they have not been able to resolve it. I am not the only person who has  been told this as I am not the only person I know with Verizon service who has noticed this issue and has asked about the problem and been given this answer. I know more than a few people who have checked into network extenders because of this loss in signal. The problem is, this only helps us at home. It doesn't begin to solve the problem when we are out and about town and getting little to no service due to whatever problem that is admittedly wrong (per your Verizon store Techs) with our tower. So while it's unfortunate for whatever reason you are not seeing an issue there are issues. How do we rectify this?   I will gladly purchase an extender for my home once I know Verizon fixes the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's go for a solution that doesn't cost you anything. Those are my favorite kind of fixes! If you have Wi-Fi at home, Wi-Fi Calling is just the ticket to ensure you are well connected when at home. You can learn how to activate it and more right here:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/

NoahS_VZW

0 Likes
White_Rabitt

"Customers who live in areas with a lack of service will benefit from a 4G LTE Network extender. This device must be used with a high-speed internet connection through your home internet service provider". While this may be true for most, there are some areas, such as where we live, we are in a dead zone, with 1 bar that works 20% of the time. We do not have internet, nor any lines ran; we would have to have internet lines run from down the road (we have 40 acres of property), to our house. My understanding, they charge by the foot, and that is not something that is cheap and is not practical for most to have installed. So for us, we are not able to use the extender; we are essentially out of any luck when we are at home. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes