Cell Reception Declined Permanently in May
brakeyawself
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had Verizon service for at least 15 years.  The cell reception has always been excellent, better than other services, especially in small pockets.  Verizon would have at least half bars in small, isolated location in the Catskill Mountains, Hudson Valley and ALL of NYC, even sub basements and in cement underground areas. 

Sometime in May, perhaps early June, my cell service just completely dropped off.  I could no longer make calls or text in the majority of my house in Brooklyn, NY, in areas of my neighborhood and random spots all over Brooklyn.  For 15 years I had usually full bars or close to it, anywhere in Brooklyn, NYC and honestly, most of the country.  Now, something changed in May and service is permanently deteriorated substantially.  I have to stand in the middle of my street to get one bar to make any calls or send texts.

This did not only happen with my main line, but 5 seperate work phones, all with unique numbers.  They all stopped having usable service in my house/neighborhood on the exact same day.  It is obviously not any of my devices.  Something was changed at that point and it has completely destroyed cell reception.   

Something doesn't make sense and I am finding it very difficult to get an answer from Verizon.  I already stopped paying for my work phones because of this.  If something isn't done soon, I will be switching service providers.  Verizon was worth paying a higher price for superior service.  Certainly not paying that price for inferior service/reception.  I could get better reception with a cheap prepaid.  And people in my neighborhood, with Verizon having similar issues.  People with other service providers have seen no change.

This is going on for THREE months, without fix.

Re: Cell Reception Declined Permanently in May
dwolk99
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exactly the same situation. Nothing to add to your description. No answers and considering changing after forever with Verizon. 

td005
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have two phones and we are experiencing the same problem to the point where we can no longer able to use our phones near our home. So much for Verizon's "Can you hear me now" slogan.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to lose  you and  will do everything we can to help with this service  issue.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.-Sean

0 Likes
0pusX
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been the exact same (maybe even as early as last fall) in my area of Michigan. I can't be sure, but I am betting the 5G transition is taking priority and therefore the "old" network is being neglected. It's sad.

I'm close to switching to at&t as I am eligible for FirstNet access and my coworker has true LTE speeds inside our building at work. 

Even in the 911 center I work in, with an on site repeater system, we get MAYBE 1-2 bars of service and speediest is showing less that 2 Mbps download speed on LTE. I have even found that I get a stronger signal by turning LTE off and forcing 3G service. So disappointing as Verizon has been so good to me for so long.....they have just really let their service slide lately around here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this, please send a Private Note. 

0 Likes
ScottNYC

Same problem here. It has been going on for months and is starting to impact my work. I have poor reception in my apartment in FiDi (corner building; no obstructions) and my midtown office. Please advise

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

One of our main goals is to provide reliable service and we are concerned to learn  you are experiencing issues at home. Tell us a little more, what model is your device and is the software up to date? What services are impacted?

~Maria Elena

0 Likes
rhillel

I am in the Berkshires in western MA and was just there this weekend.  VZ signal was never great there but I could always get some signal. Over the three days there I had no service the entire time, no ability to make calls or get cellular data.  Something has changed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to be able to use your service, no matter where you are. We can definitely take a closer look into this for you. Please allow me to explain that we would like to troubleshoot the issue with you when you're in the affected area, so we can complete some steps, and if needed, create a ticket that goes right to our network team. You can reach out to us by phone at 800-922-0204, or you can reach out via Facebook or Twitter. We are eager to help! 

-Jordan

0 Likes