Re: Carryover Data Scam?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The grasping at straws actions here are reminding me of the recent thread about the FM radio not being enabled.

Everyone has their 'case' for why something should be one way or the other. Never is the argument valid or logical.

EUDPUP31
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm agree with the initial opinion. When I changed to the new verizon plan, who offered me to change never explained exactly how carryover data would be useful every two months. That's the reason I'm thinking to go to T-mobile who offer Your unused LTE data (up to 20 GB) accumulates for 12 months, so they are not wasted. https://explore.t-mobile.com/4g-lte-network

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Then switch. But if you relying on data to carry over, you are overpaying on the wrong play, no matter who you with.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

EUDPUP31 wrote:

I'm agree with the initial opinion. When I changed to the new verizon plan, who offered me to change never explained exactly how carryover data would be useful every two months. That's the reason I'm thinking to go to T-mobile who offer Your unused LTE data (up to 20 GB) accumulates for 12 months, so they are not wasted. https://explore.t-mobile.com/4g-lte-network

THERE IS NO SCAM!

All information is clearly spelled out one the website. It has been since a week before the new plans started. You MUST read the information of yourself.

0 Likes
EUDPUP31
Enthusiast - Level 2

THERE IS SCAM!

Verizon agents are selling a product without explaining in full how it works. I'm talking about carryover data just apply every two months in real world.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like you are using more data than your plan allowance every other month. It is working as designed otherwise you would be getting charged with the overage fees on those months if there wasn't a carryover.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
EUDPUP31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great marketing people in Verizon. The only answer they have THEN SWITCH. Be more creative!!!

The only thing Verizon should do with carryover data to fix it is to allow using carryover data be used first and keep that it expires next month. Is it too hard to do it for such a big company?

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Carry over data is a FREE PERK. You do not pay extra for it. Therefore no reason to complain about it. If Verizon took it away people would complain about THAT. If you consistently have left over data lower you plan and save money or you can switch to ATT whose carry over data works the exact same way.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I am going to explain this only once. I have explained this in at least 2 other posts. Maybe even earlier in this post. I don't care to go searching for it. So pay attention.

The reason that your carry over data does get used first is because you aren't entitled to that left over data. For YEARS we never got to keep unused data and nobody every said anything until AT&T started with this thing. You ONLY ever purchased the ability to use whatever your data allotment was. That meant you purchased the ability to use up to say 12GB for $80 so that meant you got a discount  and are paying 6.67 per GB. Data is usually charged at $15 per GB. We NEVER purchased the data as a lot to use whenever we wanted.

Now take that 12GB and say you use 8 of it. That means, the next month you'd start the next month with 12 plus 4 for a total of 16GB. If you were allowed to use the carried over data first the following would happen:

You'd start the second month with 16GB and if you used 8 of that then you'd carry over 8GB. This would start the third month with 20GB. Say you only use 8 of that. Then on the fourth month you would have 24GB. If you used only 8 of that then you start the fifth month with 28GB and so forth and so on. You do the math. By allowing customers to bank data like that, pretty soon people would be starting their months with data buckets in the hundreds of GBs all for paying a monthly fee for 12GBs.

Why does anyone need to save that much data?

If you are not using all or close to all of your allotment then you are paying too much for a plan that is too high. Instead of complaining, learn how to better manage your data plan by using wifi and curbing your usage when not on wifi.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Amen, sister. Spot on.

0 Likes