Re: Carryover Data Scam?
KATHCANDO
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also happy for you that you are so consistent  with your data usage.

[Removed]

URL removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
KATHCANDO
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well said!

[Removed]

URL removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

CJAA wrote:

Personally, I first found out about the "new carryover plan" 2, 3? years ago on the radio while on vacation out of state and I immediately inquired over my cell phone. I asked if it was like my old cell phone where I bought minutes and would get to keep them until I used them with no time limit. I was told yes so I immediately agreed during that conversation and forgot about it. It wasn't until a few months later after noticing I didn't have all the minutes I thought I should have that I looked into it and saw all these self-serving restrictions. They are easier to find now but back then you had to look pretty hard to crack the scam.

There is nothing that can be said that will convince the average consumer that the Verizon definition of a Carryover Plan is NOT deceiving.

What carrier were you with, cause it wasn't Verizon. (Unless prepaid had some option)  Verizon hasn't had a carryover minutes plan on postpaid plans that I can remember and I was with them since 1995.  In early 2014 they dropped limited call and text plans for the More everything plan.

This is a free perk.  Take it for what it is.

If you want to pay per GB, go to google Fi.  The price is $10 per gig or portion of.  Since I pay $4.33 per gig, I would rather keep by bulk purchased data plan. 

If your a single user, you should be using prepaid, which is cheaper.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

My calculations are based on how everyone want carry over to work. They want it to be used for and never expire. That is how I showed my totals. It doesn't matter because people will always want what they want and think that they deserve rather than accept what is.

VZW never had to offer carry over data to begin with. They never carried minutes OR data over from month to month. Everyone accepted it. Now all the sudden everyone thinks that they should get this magic never ending ability to use the data.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You really should read the terms and conditions instead of just assuming that you understand what the program means.

It was never hidden. There is an FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page that explains how it works. I went to VZW.com and used the search funtion and typed in carry over data. This website was the FIRST result Carryover Data FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Here is the first question

What is Carryover Data?

Carryover Data is a feature that automatically keeps your unused data in your account until the end of the following month's bill cycle. When you use less data one month, you can use the data you carry over into the next month without paying more.

Here is question 3

How long do I get to keep my unused data?

Carryover Data expires at the end of your next bill cycle. For example, if you don't use your entire data allowance in March, that unused data will available to use until the end of your April bill cycle.

And here is question 6

Do I use my Carryover Data before I use my monthly data allowance?

If you're on the new Verizon Plan - You'll begin using your Carryover Data after you've used all of your monthly data allowance.

If you have a qualifying prepaid plan
- Your Carryover Data will be added to your account's Available Data. As you use data, it'll be deducted from your overall total for the month.

0 Likes
KEIWIL19
Enthusiast - Level 1

So what I hear you saying is that it's okay for a corporation to be deceptive and misleading as long as they bury the truth in some obscure fine print. I don't think so.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

What you hear me saying is that I read the terms and conditions of the program and educated myself about how it works instead of assuming how it works. Because I read this information, which was VERY EASY to find, I was able to determine that switching to one of these plans wasn't in my best interest at this point in time.

I watch every Verizon Wireless commercial and I look at the website 2-3 times a week at minimum.

All of the information is disclosed as plain as day and easy to find.

You get no sympathy from me. YOU have to do your due diligence as a consumer PRIOR to spending your money.

Weth
Legend

KEIWIL19 wrote:

So what I hear you saying is that it's okay for a corporation to be deceptive and misleading as long as they bury the truth in some obscure fine print. I don't think so.

I would say terms clearly defined in an FAQ is not something that is buried in fine print. That is front in center. Anyone who thinks he or she only needs to read the bold face of a advertisement is fooling themselves every time.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

With each and every plan that comes out people have something to complain about. I remember the tiered text plan, the tiered select plan, the nationwide plan, and so on and so forth. Plans evolve and change over time. You have to pay to play.

mama23dogs
Legend

KEIWIL19 wrote:

Wish I had taken a screen shot when the plan was first offered.  It very clearly said that your unused data rolls over for one month. 

0 Likes