Re: Carryover Data Scam?
reddeviltj
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you get carry-over every month?

Before I changed my plan I made sure I used every GB I was paying for even if I was "cut off" from the internet for a day or two.

Now, they're only rolling over my unused data every other month. 

This month I rolled over 4 GB will be in my cycle that ends Dec. 12th.

In October I had 4 GB left-over at midnight on the 12th.  Gone, never to be seen again because I had data rolled over from September.

There used to be two of us on our plan but my husband's employer took over his phone number so now it's just me.  The mobile data is my only source of internet so I want to be able to use what ever I'm paying for.

When I go to my northern Michigan cabin I can't use my data so when I get home I catch up with everything and still have leftovers.

Back before I switched I monitored daily use and made sure I used it all.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Carryover Data expires after one month. If you are only seeing carryover data every other month then you are using all of your base plan allowance on the opposite months and using the carryover data. Your base plan is always used before the Carryover Data is used.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
reddeviltj
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh I know how it's supposed to work. 

No I'm not using all of it each month.

This month will be perfect for me to check on how they're playing.  I was up north for 4 weeks, used 2 GB of my 16 and had only 1 "bonus" GB from the previous month - not rollover - they gave it to me.

So, this week I rolled over 4.69GB which gives me 20.69.  So far, I've used 2.12 and do have another week or so of time that I will be up north.  I will lose the carry-over and, if it works the way it did the last time I had original data left untouched - I will start out Dec 13th with just 16GB. 

I pay real close attention to my usage since mobile data has been my only source of Internet since 2008.  This is not new to me at all and I pay real close attention to anything that I'm paying for and will complain if I'm paying for something I'm not getting.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Bonus data will not carry over. It is used first.

Then your plan data is used. THEN your carry over data.

If you have 1GB of bonus data an use it then you use 2GB of your 16GB only 14GB will carryover. You will start the next month with 30GB. If you have any bonus data then it will be used first. Then is you use 12GB of your 16GB for the month the month after that will start with your 16GB plan data plus 4GB of carried over data.

If you ever have any carried over data and you use all of your plan data and start using the carried over data, you will not have any carried over data the next month.

Then ONLY data that carries over is unused plan data. No unused bonus data or unused carried over data gets saved.

mama23dogs
Legend

reddeviltj

It looks like you use 10-15 GBs a month on a 15 gig plan.  so any month you use the bonus and your 15 gig base plan, you will have no data to carry over.

0 Likes
XEPCOHECC
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is a new Verizon scam is out there. FAQ's talk about being able to use your carryover data until the end of your next months billing cycle, BUT the advertised data plan Carryover explanation is saying that the "unused gigs you get to keep until the end of the following month". They don't say that you get to keep it until the end of the billing cycle. I see another lawsuit coming their way soon.VZ Carryover.png

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

First of all, it is written in the customer agreement that you can only do arbitration. The customer agreement is linked at the bottom of the page.

Second, the rules haven't changed. They go by billing cycle. You keep unused data until the end of your billing cycle. Most people call that the end of the month. We all know that it doesn't mean that if your bill cycle date ends on the the 14th that you'll keep your unused data until the 30th or 31st of that month. You keep it until the cycle is over. That is it!

rcschnoor
Legend

XEPCOHECC wrote:

There is a new Verizon scam is out there. FAQ's talk about being able to use your carryover data until the end of your next months billing cycle, BUT the advertised data plan Carryover explanation is saying that the "unused gigs you get to keep until the end of the following month". They don't say that you get to keep it until the end of the billing cycle. I see another lawsuit coming their way soon.

Except that a "billing cycle" IS A MONTH. You get to keep your unused data until the end of THAT month. You may have had a case had the information you circled indicated "CALENDAR" month, but it didn't.

Weth
Legend

In a word, no.

rcschnoor
Legend

XEPCOHECC wrote:

There is a new Verizon scam is out there. FAQ's talk about being able to use your carryover data until the end of your next months billing cycle, BUT the advertised data plan Carryover explanation is saying that the "unused gigs you get to keep until the end of the following month". They don't say that you get to keep it until the end of the billing cycle. I see another lawsuit coming their way soon.

IF it is so important for you to have your unused data last until the end of the next "calendar" month, you can request to have your billing cycle changed to run from the 1st of the month until the last of the month. THEN you can keep your unused data until the end of the next "calendar" month. Problem solved. For most people, they realize a billing cycle runs a "month". I don't see a reason to start a lawsuit stating my billing cycle which runs from November 16 thru December 15 isn't a "calendar" month, but instead just a "month".

Imagine all the people who would be furious if their 24 "month" service contract which starts on the 5th of the month because that was the day they chose to purchase their device found out it would instead run for 24 months and 25 days because from the 5th of the month until the end of the month is not really a "calendar" month and Verizon only counts "calendar" months due to your lawsuit!!!