Cannot make calls in certain areas now!
hhawkins

All of a sudden my family and I cannot make phone calls in certain areas that we were able to before! This includes at our house!!! We receive a message to dial the 10 digit number. We do and still cannot make a call out. We all have samsung phones.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot make calls in certain areas now!
lasinah_vzw
Verizon Employee

hhawkins, we want to get things back to the way that it use to be for your family on our wireless network. Let's take a closer look into what's recently changed on your phones. Have you powered your devices off/on since this issue started? Did you recently update the software on your devices?

Lasina_VZW

0 Likes
hhawkins

Yes we have turned all the phones off and back on several times. I updated my phone on October 18, 2016 and it worked fine for about a month or so.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

One thing that will cause a message to say you must dial 10 digits is wifi calling. With wifi calling you must dial every number with the full 1 (123) 555-1234 pattern to go out. I get around this problem by having all my numbers in my contact list in this format:

+1 (123) 555-1234

With the plus and the 1, the number is universal and will work locally, nationally, and internationally and with wifi calling.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hhawkins,

Keeping you connected with your family is a must. We will do everything that we can to get you back in order. Do you get any type of error message when dialing out? If yes, what is that error?

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes